• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kauai Cigar Co.

Putz Mulligan

shhhhhh, cigar learning in process!
How many of us go away on vacation, and come home with a job?

Last May, I was lucky enough to vacation on the beautiful island of Kauai, smoke an Island Prince Momona Dark, then tour the Blair Estate Farm where Island Prince cigars are grown. After touring, and helping out with some manual work on a farm structure, Les, the owner of Kauai Cigar Company, handed me a cigar and a cup of homegrown coffee, and we retired to the porch. I talked with him about cigar forums, B&M's, and cigars in general, and upon my return to the mainland, I became a sales rep for Kauai Cigar Company.

My wife, who usually frowns at my cigar collection, suddenly realized this could mean return trips to the island, and she's been quietly supportive ever since.

The Island Prince is the only cigar manufactured with tobacco grown in Hawaii. The cigars are rolled by Tobacalera Tambor in Esteli, Nicaragua, under the craftsmanship of Victor Calvo. Kauai Cigar Company guarantees 100% satisfaction of the quality of their cigars.

This winter Kauai Cigar Company will be releasing only 8,000 limited edition cigars – The Grand Alii – that will be hand-rolled in Hawaii at select locations. I will post updates as the dates draw near just in case you happen to be on one of the islands.

Questions, suggestions, or comments? Please feel free to contact me at clarson@kauaicigar.com.

Mahalo!

Very cool, Charlie!! That is awesome. That is one second job I wouldn't mind having :D

Congratulations, Charlie! I look forward to learning more about these unique cigars.

BTW, can I get a tub of poi with my cigar sampler? ;)

Wilkey

Glad you finally came out of the closet! I look forward to sampling one when the local B&M's get tired of my phone calls and finally order a couple boxes.

What about sample packs for reviews. :sign:

DG

Congrats on the job.

Right up there with asking Jorge for some Milleniums. I doubt it'd happen.

How many of us go away on vacation, and come home with a job?

Last May, I was lucky enough to vacation on the beautiful island of Kauai, smoke an Island Prince Momona Dark, then tour the Blair Estate Farm where Island Prince cigars are grown. After touring, and helping out with some manual work on a farm structure, Les, the owner of Kauai Cigar Company, handed me a cigar and a cup of homegrown coffee, and we retired to the porch. I talked with him about cigar forums, B&M's, and cigars in general, and upon my return to the mainland, I became a sales rep for Kauai Cigar Company.

My wife, who usually frowns at my cigar collection, suddenly realized this could mean return trips to the island, and she's been quietly supportive ever since.

The Island Prince is the only cigar manufactured with tobacco grown in Hawaii. The cigars are rolled by Tobacalera Tambor in Esteli, Nicaragua, under the craftsmanship of Victor Calvo. Kauai Cigar Company guarantees 100% satisfaction of the quality of their cigars.

This winter Kauai Cigar Company will be releasing only 8,000 limited edition cigars – The Grand Alii – that will be hand-rolled in Hawaii at select locations. I will post updates as the dates draw near just in case you happen to be on one of the islands.

Questions, suggestions, or comments? Please feel free to contact me at clarson@kauaicigar.com.

Mahalo!

Garbage can to you too!

That is a really great story. Exciting, enriching, and full of possibilities. Good for you! :thumbs:

I would'nt mind sampling a few of these sticks myself. Are there any to be had?

Brian

Congrats Charlie!! This a very exciting gig!! Too cool!!

Jim

Brian

Charlie has graciously put a few of these in The Musical Cheese Pass! :whistling: :laugh: :0 :p HANDS OFF!

Great gig Charlie, enjoy the bennies! ;)

Brian

Charlie has graciously put a few of these in The Musical Cheese Pass! :whistling: :laugh: :0 :p HANDS OFF!

Great gig Charlie, enjoy the bennies! ;)
Yes but the suspense of if they will be there when it gets to me is killing me :laugh:

Brian

And, btw, congrats on landing this gig. I've had one and it was a superior cigar. My daughter in law is from the Big Island. She bought it for me last time she was home. I see yall have overcome, or at least learned to live with the tax issues to roll locally.

Edit to add: Please, please, please resist marketing this as a souvenir cigar. It is a serious smoke and I hope you sell them as a serious smoke. Damned tourists will buy them anyway.

Bruce makes a valid point and one that we are careful to clarify, we are not a souvenir cigar. We are a serious cigar for serious cigar smokers!

I also failed to mention that the Island Prince is being carried by the Azucar Lounge..............our very own StinkiMonki!

Charlie, the biggest reason I said had to do with where my son bought my cigar. It was a tourist shop. I'm unsure whether I'd vacate those venues, but I'd sure be rushing true tobacconists hard as I could. Geoff is a pushover, but a damned good start.

I also failed to mention that the Island Prince is being carried by the Azucar Lounge..............our very own StinkiMonki!

How could he not? It's a high-quality cigar, from what I've heard, and a CP BOTL is involved.

In response to the request for samples it should be noted that The Kauai Cigar Company is a small farming venture and as such our stock is very limited. We have had an unbelievable run on both mail order and in the local tourist shops throughout the islands……yep, the tourist is driving the stock of Island Prince and the word is spreading! We are preparing for more production in the future but as it is we are producing approximately 100,000 this year.

But we are also not cold and heartless and in light of not giving away samples directly through CP we have decided to send the samples and coffee to those who do not have access to the islands or mail order, our very own Troops! We will be sending 2 boxes (25 ea) of Island Prince cigars and 5 lbs. of Blair Estate 100% Kauai Organic Arabica Coffee to the troops care of our very own Smitty and OpFTH!

It should also be noted that the most recent addition of the Robb Report has an article on the Island Prince which is available on news stands now.

Edited for spelling.