• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kid Montana's new Aristocrat Humidor

Kid Montana

On Sunday I bumped the 300 odd miles from north central Kansas to Mu Mike's house in Missouri to load 160lbs of mahogany, Spanish cedar and glass onto my pickup truck.  Mike and his wife where indispensable and helped me get what is now the also the second most expensive piece of furniture I own, secured and configured so that it wouldn't shift and was protected from the specter of stormy weather that haunted me as I made the drive down.  After exchanging goodbyes and another 300 miles back up to Kansas, I called in a favor and had a buddy help me unload it into my apartment.  Thanks to Mu Mike's wife's advice, the enormous humidor made it 100% intact; the only mar was from the keys I'd left in the lock which rubbed on the finish for 300 miles, producing a light scuffing in a half circle below the lock.  It'll touch up and be invisible as soon as I can get to a hardware store tomorrow.  Since it was already seasoned and cared for, I didn't have to wait very long, about an hour, for the set-it and forget-it system to bring the humidity up to the target 65%, but none the less I let it sit for 24 hours just to allow it to settle.   This evening I loaded it up and began my tentative scheming for what sort of shelves I'll need.  I'll post a video walk through one of these days so I can brag about the workmanship and how much of an awesome person Mu Mike is for letting me nab this baby.  

http://i.imgur.com/tIT4hQk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QmjU3ss.jpg

Welcome to the club BOTL :thumbs: Now comes the fun part, filling it up.    

Jason

Nice set up Kid.  MuMike, you made a brother happy.   :laugh:   Great deal guys!

Congrats :thumbs:

Don't worry if you catch yourself just staring at it once in a while...that's normal during the first few months :laugh:

ironpeddler said:
Congrats :thumbs:

Don't worry if you catch yourself just staring at it once in a while...that's normal during the first few months :laugh:
Or the first few years.

Welcome to the Staebell club.  They are beautiful, functional pieces of furniture.  Expensive, yes, but I'm happy every time I pull a perfectly cared for stick from my cabinet.  No regrets, I'd buy mine again tomorrow.

Congrats, bro - B.B.S.

Damn beautiful piece. Now the fun part begins - filling that baby up!

BlindedByScience said:
Welcome to the Staebell club.  They are beautiful, functional pieces of furniture.  Expensive, yes, but I'm happy every time I pull a perfectly cared for stick from my cabinet.  No regrets, I'd buy mine again tomorrow.

Congrats, bro - B.B.S.
I couldn't agree more!

You should have just raided Mike's stash while you were there.  He probably wouldn't notice a half dozen boxes missing. 

Bsneed51 said:
You should have just raided Mike's stash while you were there.  He probably wouldn't notice a half dozen boxes missing. 

Well, the bastage actually gave me round trip gas money worth of cigars!  

Kid Montana said:

Well, the bastage actually gave me round trip gas money worth of cigars!  

I'll bet those weren't run of the mill smokes, either!