• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

KingB Original Release - Box Pass

The hive has made it home minus its original occupants, but their places were taken by quite a few whose "honey" I'm looking forward to sampling.

Enough of the bad bee puns!!!

DSCF2051.jpg

grateful1's arrived earlier, and were not included in picture as they were burnt and thoroughly enjoyed, shortly after arriving!! ;)

Again, I would like to thank everyone for participating, and for the great "puts"! As this was the first time I hosted a pass, I wasn't sure what to expect, but you guys went way over the top!! :love:

Many of these smokes, I have never had the pleasure of trying and am looking forward too.

I hope you all enjoy the B's, and hope you let me know what you think of them.

I smoked both the King B from this pass and a more recent purchase on a trip to Tampa a couple of weeks back. I did take notes and although not fresh in mind here are my thoughts:

Recent King B purchase
This cigar was spot on with 1/2dz. or so other King Bs I have had the pleasure of smoking thus far. In my experience the first third of a King B is the most enjoyable part. It started with a understated honey sweetness, more pronounced in its smell than on the palate. This sweetness dances in your mouth with a small peppery tingle, the combination of which makes the King B one of my favorite cigars. Very mild, subtle flavors, but strong enough to be clear to an amateur smoker such as myself.

At about the 1/3 mark the B went out for no apparent reason. I wasn't neglecting it, construction appeared and felt excellent. More often than not the King B has managed to extinguish on me around this point. I lit back up to find that honey sweetness had been muted and the peppery (black not hot) flavor was much more present. The smoke no longer glided across the tongue as it did at the start, it was slightly harsher, though still enjoyable.

From this point on the cigar never returned back to it's original state. There were a few more touch ups, another clip or two towards the back end and a finish an inch or so too early. Too much work to thoroughly enjoy, but enough flavor to keep me smoking. Were I rich, I would buy these by the box, smoke an inch or so and toss them out like a cigarette.
133_3334.jpg

Pass OR King B

There was no discernible difference in the wrapper of the two cigars. After pulling the cedar off of the OR King B there were a few spots of white fuzziness, easily brushed off though. Overall, I found the OR not to be radically different than the previous sample. The flavors though similar, weren't as detectable. It was a more blended cigar, without the the interaction the flavors of the recent purchase provided. It was my hope when pulling this cigar out of the pass that the burn issues would have resolved themselves with the extra age. I was disappointed to have the OR go out on me at the same spot as the Recent. After lighting back up I found myself experiencing the same level of babysitting as I do with all other Bs.
133_3338.jpg

Overall, I enjoyed the experience of smoking the more recent purchase over the OR. However, it would be unwise to cement my judgment only having had one from the OR box. I look forward to trying to second stick from the pass and comparing it to this experience.