• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Knocked myself out

mrrt

Faith: you know your gonna live through the rain..
well in case anyone is wondering...it IS possible to knock yourself out cold.

We are in the process of moving (closing date 21st May), so we are packing boxes left and right. I'm downstairs cleaning the 'man-cave', I mean my computer room, and packing boxes. the phone rings and I go running for the stairs boxes in hand. I jump the first stair and SLAM my head into the overhang for the upstairs stairwell. BAM!!!..Out cold on the stairs. I come to, shake it off and feel this warm sensation running down my face. Damn I'm bleeding. Cold cloth it, still seeing stars and it stops.
And for the record, you DEFINITELY see stars...heheheheh

So now I have this nice gash on top of my head and a hugh bump to match. I feel ok today, just have that headache still. No concussion (I think)..no blur, no sleepiness..so I'm ok

At this point I'd like to nominate myself for "DumbASS of the year".

AHAHAHAHAHAH

art

I'll second your nomination...... :sign:

Although Hott_mic might have you beat.

is this where we start to vote............ 1

Glad your ok man, got a good laugh though....... :laugh:

Paul

well in case anyone is wondering...it IS possible to knock yourself out cold.

We are in the process of moving (closing date 21st May), so we are packing boxes left and right. I'm downstairs cleaning the 'man-cave', I mean my computer room, and packing boxes. the phone rings and I go running for the stairs boxes in hand. I jump the first stair and SLAM my head into the overhang for the upstairs stairwell. BAM!!!..Out cold on the stairs. I come to, shake it off and feel this warm sensation running down my face. Damn I'm bleeding. Cold cloth it, still seeing stars and it stops.
And for the record, you DEFINITELY see stars...heheheheh

So now I have this nice gash on top of my head and a hugh bump to match. I feel ok today, just have that headache still. No concussion (I think)..no blur, no sleepiness..so I'm ok

At this point I'd like to nominate myself for "DumbASS of the year".

AHAHAHAHAHAH

art

I'm glad you can laugh about this because that is just HILARIOUS! Good to hear you are alright. Nothing a few drams of good scotch can't fix. ;)

Booze and cigars make you heal faster!! :laugh: Glad you're okay, Art.

How long were you out for ? Lets hope your headache will be short lived, As for the "DumbASS of the year", maybe in your age bracket , but I see a lot of stupidity from teenagers on youtube.

The weird thing was I have no idea how long I was out for...maybe a few minutes I guess...and aside from the blood dripping down my face , it really didnt hurt...not until today anyway...ahahhahaa

but it was the weirdest thing...BAM..lights out next thing I know is Im face down on the stairs...

hehehe

art

**edit spell

I did something similar to that as a kid. I came running down a staircase full speed and jumped when I was halfway down. My forehead made contact, very hard, with the top of the doorway at the foot of the stairs. Ouch! LMAO!!!

LOL. Thanks for the funny story. Get well soon.

Well, I don't want to win the award back from you, but I usually slide down the stair cause of my big feet. Hope you are doing well now.

Art that's crazy! You're lucky you didn't really mess yourself up. As long as you didn't lose control of any bodily functions I wouldn't be too embarrassed.

Hehe, thanks for the morning laugh! Glad to hear the worst of it was a headache today.

talk about bumping a post this happen May 1 2008 he must of hit his head a few more times after that :laugh:

Holy Old Post Revival Batman..ahahaha
Yeah that was awhile ago. Honey was on the phone at the time and since I didnt answer she just thought I was outside having a smoke.

So now I have this Harry Potter zigzag scar on the top of my head, which shows through quite nicely since I shaved my head....ahahahha

Art

Yeah, I was surprised the first time I got kicked in the face during an MMA match -- you DO see stars when you get hit hard enough!

talk about bumping a post this happen May 1 2008 he must of hit his head a few more times after that :laugh:

Holy crap... I didn't even look at the date of the OP. I just assumed a post being on page 1 of the forum it'd be recent.

Still a funny story, regardless of the date it transpired. A good way to make new friends laugh. Come to think of it, that reminds me of a few of my injury and close call stories from my work :)