• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Korean Airline

I'm actually impressed by what I saw. You pros can speculate how the captain got into trouble, but I marvel at how deftly he got out of it. I've never flown a real aircraft, but I've done a few approaches on FlightSim. That looked like the 747 equivalent of fish tailing into the parking space. I can just see the guy pushing the rudder pedal to the floor!

I'm actually impressed by what I saw. You pros can speculate how the captain got into trouble, but I marvel at how deftly he got out of it. I've never flown a real aircraft, but I've done a few approaches on FlightSim. That looked like the 747 equivalent of fish tailing into the parking space. I can just see the guy pushing the rudder pedal to the floor!

I totally agree with ya, he did what he was supposed to!!!

You should seen me on my checkride today, in the sim, Wasn't pretty single engine on fire, then the sim decided to crap out and go into manual revision mode. Basically no power steering, it was my right leg against 41,000 lbs of burning aircraft, it got hairy for a few, but hey we walked away. It wasn't my fault and would probably never happen that way in real life due to all the back up systems that are in place. But I keep my job for another six months.

Steak wine and nice cigar for me. Every six months my job is on the line and I hate it. Makes me wanna quit and open a cigaa' store.....

Shane

Anyone remember Tiger Airlines that use to fly over the Pacific during the Vietnam War??? Now that was a Rock and Roll, Balls to the Wall, Change your Underwear after you land type of airline!!! :(

I totally agree with ya, he did what he was supposed to!!!

You should seen me on my checkride today, in the sim, Wasn't pretty single engine on fire, then the sim decided to crap out and go into manual revision mode. Basically no power steering, it was my right leg against 41,000 lbs of burning aircraft, it got hairy for a few, but hey we walked away. It wasn't my fault and would probably never happen that way in real life due to all the back up systems that are in place. But I keep my job for another six months.

Steak wine and nice cigar for me. Every six months my job is on the line and I hate it. Makes me wanna quit and open a cigaa' store.....

Shane

Well done, Shane. I'd love to take you to see what thats like in a submarine control simulator. Same $hit, same hydraulic platform, but doing 20 kts with somebody spraying you in the face with a squirt bottle.

That landing is nothing. When you have your third landing on the first attempt...that's scary!

Knot: Nautical Miles (6080.2 miles feet vs 5280) per hour

Nit picked.

That's what I get for typing faster than a mind like mine can think.....

You should seen me on my checkride today, in the sim, Wasn't pretty single engine on fire, then the sim decided to crap out and go into manual revision mode. Basically no power steering, it was my right leg against 41,000 lbs of burning aircraft, it got hairy for a few, but hey we walked away. It wasn't my fault and would probably never happen that way in real life due to all the back up systems that are in place.

Ya just gotta love those Qual Checks, huh?

-K-

kevinpark86 (3 weeks ago)
its called crosswind landing...it has to be used in Kai Tak airport bcause of poor location
Dear lord, I wont be flying into Kai Tak anytime soon...

Don't worry, Kai Tak has been closed for a while now. I've heard some good stories from old school captains that actually flew the checkerboard approach.