• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kratom - Any Opinions

jfields

Where did all my money go?
I suffer from pain quite a bit in my Knees, ankles, and back. I’ve just learned to live with it over the years. Nothing really helps other than stretching and super hot baths in the morning to get me going. Anything lower strength than opioids never touches it, but we all know how bad that can be.

I’ve had people tell me about Kratom on more than one occasion, but I blew them off thinking the latest, greatest, new fad. Saturday I watched the Netflix Documentary called Leaf of Faith. Was very informative and well thought out. At the end of it I went out right away and bought a bottle in capsule form. I am pretty damn impressed with the pain relief properties from this plant. Impressed to the point that I’m on day three and I want to pinch myself, because it seems too good to be true. I’ve been feeling pretty sharp and focused as well. It is apparently a close relative to the coffee plant, but I feel no ill side effects like I do when I drink coffee with too much caffeine. No jitters, and no crash later.
I thought CBD was where it’s at, but this seems to work a heck of a lot better for me.

Anyone else have thoughts or experiences?

Not a whole lot of experience per say. I've talked to a few physicians about it and a few patients that have taken it. Main thing from a medical stand point was to be careful what you take it with. One of the deaths was from taking it in combination with Imodium. I do know of one case where it was even used to help opioid withdrawal symptoms in a monitored environment due to it's similar effect and it helped. If it's helping your pain better than the opioids then go for it! Just be careful what you take it with until they finish more studies for it.

I haven't heard of it, but my knees, shoulder, and back all are pretty jacked, so color me intrigued.

Perhaps you should be treated by a rheumatologist. This disease affects the connective tissue that makes up your tendons and ligaments. That is why this disease starts with joint pain. Your clinical picture may worsen, so you should take comprehensive treatment now. You can go to a dispensary in Brampton where you can get the right dose of medication. I know that such organizations may also use additional modern pain management methods. Unfortunately, I suffered from a similar condition as well. The treatment was expensive, but the main thing is that I feel better now.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should be treated by a rheumatologist. This disease affects the connective tissue that makes up your tendons and ligaments. That is why this disease starts with joint pain.
Reported

My wife has been using Kratom for several years now with good results. White seems to help with energy, focus and mood while Red helps with pain and sleeping. Small doses, generally, and only buying from proven vendors. Hope it's still working for you @jfields .

Not a whole lot of experience per say. I've talked to a few physicians about it and a few patients that have taken it. Main thing from a medical stand point was to be careful what you take it with. One of the deaths was from taking it in combination with Imodium. I do know of one case where it was even used to help opioid withdrawal symptoms in a monitored environment due to it's similar effect and it helped. If it's helping your pain better than the opioids then go for it! Just be careful what you take it with until they finish more studies for it.
I've never heard of it before. Do you know if it is something that might have an effect on phantom pain (neurological issues, more so than orthopaedic)? If it really works, I'll buy a dozen!

I would be concerned if taking it prior to a drug screen or employment drug screen.

The active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) (noting it is not a pharmaceutical) mitragynine and 7-hydroxymytragynine. The DEA has listed it as a "drug of concern' not implying that I am a proponent of the DEA. I would be concerned as to how it would be picked up on a drug test. I am not a chemist, and I know we have some here, but the concern is it may be detected as an opioid like morphine.

I would be concerned if taking it prior to a drug screen or employment drug screen.

The active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) (noting it is not a pharmaceutical) mitragynine and 7-hydroxymytragynine. The DEA has listed it as a "drug of concern' not implying that I am a proponent of the DEA. I would be concerned as to how it would be picked up on a drug test. I am not a chemist, and I know we have some here, but the concern is it may be detected as an opioid like morphine.
i supose that an OTC drug test might provide some answers regarding it showing up on a drug test if that is of a concern. In the name of science as they say.

It does not appear on any standard / pre-employment drug test and would require a specifically requested test sent to a reference laboratory.

I've never heard of it before. Do you know if it is something that might have an effect on phantom pain (neurological issues, more so than orthopaedic)? If it really works, I'll buy a dozen!
From what I can grab quickly off the web, there are some that have treated it with Kratom and it worked, but no studies on that specifically, that I can find anyway.