• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Casita Criolla by Tatuaje

I got the "HCBC" which is the 5 5/8 X 46....really like the size. A very tasty smoke, to be sure.

All I meant by "Im interested" was exactly that. I never mentioned "picking up some extra for me" or if he would "split his box." Just thought his post was interesting, and was letting him know...

:laugh: Okay, if you want to play the stupid-honest game, then go ahead. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize you are talking about putting your interest in for a box split. Don't take us for fools.

All Tom is saying is if you can buy them yourself, do it yourself and don't piggyback on another member's goodwill just because it's easier.

Hey Jon while you're up, I was interested a growler of Stone Black IPA, shipping it overnight and interested in making sure the FedEx guy puts it in my fridge? :whistling:

On another note, a piggyback ride sounds like fun! :love:

We have to organize an end of summer Herf or just show up to DT on the date Billy suggested. Whaddaya think?

I'm going to speak for myself here.
PSU opusX graciously stated that if folks showed interest, he would pick up a box split.
Normal activity around here.
From there it evolves into implications of laziness, mixed with taunting, and admonitions to buy a whole box, who to buy from, etc.

Let's not forget the fact that I have already committed to participate in a buy. What am I supposed to tell PSU opusX when the box arrives?
"I'm sorry, I decided to buy from somebody else"

Now, I am not going to get into my reasons for joining this split. While relevant, I just don't want to go there.
That said, I think that those who are pushing against it need to stay out of this unless they are interested in the split.
I have thicker skin than to let someone calling me lazy bother me. Schoolyard tactics never did affect me much.
For those of you offended by what has transpired here, don't resort to name calling. We are better than that.
Any thoughtful person can clearly see what has transpired here.

If the split is still an option, I am in. If not, that is fine, and I will decide when and with whom I spend my money.
I may never buy them. That is my prerogative, and my business.

I guess I'm the asshole here, so if an apology is warranted, I would suppose it's mine to offer.

I'm sorry to anyone I offended.

What I've seen on the forums lately is less of the spirit that made these pages great, way too much of "what can you do for me today". Perhaps I'm a little sensitive along those lines. Perhaps.

Anyway, let's stop the sniping and not diminish either the vendors mentioned, nor these great smokes.

I'm going to smoke one, now. Carry on.....

Alright, I don't mind picking up a box at Holt's next week as, like I said, it's my local. I'm not sure what the cost is for a box but we ll know that Holts charges MSRP. PM me for anyone who is interested and I'll get you some pricing details. No trouble at all as I don't mind helping a person out especially if their local doesn't carry this stick.

I forgot to add that they come 25 to a box so 5 slots are open. :)

I think Tom was simply trying to get the point across (especially to new members) that there are vendors on CP who not only support CP, but also the membership here.

You're free to purchase from Holts, however they do nothing to support CP nor the membership.

I firmly believe in supporting and taking care of our own before anyone on the outside.

Carry on...

What I've seen on the forums lately is less of the spirit that made these pages great, way too much of "what can you do for me today". Perhaps I'm a little sensitive along those lines. Perhaps.

Tom...you sound like my Grandfather speaking about the 'Old Days'. :rolleyes:

Folks, I'm a bit confused here, PSU OpusX clearly made a gracious offer to do a box split in Post #3...so anyone who chimed in AFTER that point is clearly responding to that offer.

Now, 'Set-In-Stone' was clearly looking for the easy way out by throwing out his interest in a POTENTIAL box split that he obviously wouldn't be taking point on...and I have seen posts like that 100 times by who I would call 'Senior Members' and most times it's met with guys quoting them and busting their balls in a fun way. That's where I'm confused.... ??? Is Set-In-Stone too new a member to be throwing that out there?

The sarcasm shown after that has me equally confused.

Guys, please explain it to me if I'm off base....

. . . tools

Austen, P L E A S E....NEVER resort to name calling...that's high school bullsh*t and has no place here where Men correspond. Even if you thought you were 'wronged'....let it go and see where the thread goes on it's own.

Folks, I'm a bit confused here, PSU OpusX clearly made a gracious offer to do a box split in Post #3...so anyone who chimed in AFTER that point is clearly responding to that offer.

Now, 'Set-In-Stone' was clearly looking for the easy way out by throwing out his interest in a POTENTIAL box split that he obviously wouldn't be taking point on...and I have seen posts like that 100 times by who I would call 'Senior Members' and most times it's met with guys quoting them and busting their balls in a fun way. That's where I'm confused.... ??? Is Set-In-Stone too new a member to be throwing that out there?

. . . tools

Austen, P L E A S E....NEVER resort to name calling...that's high school bullsh*t and has no place here where Men correspond. Even if you thought you were 'wronged'....let it go and see where the thread goes on it's own.

Understood, and I apologize for that. Emotional reaction because I felt as though I did nothing wrong and my name was being tarnished. It's not easy being the new guy (with all the in's and out's) and am trying hard to be a member in good standing. Just felt cornered when gang banged others. My bad. I did PM Opus with an apology for the misunderstanding a couple of days ago,and all was good. I also PM others to inquire about what had transpired and they assured me that letting this lie is always the best thing, and the true, upstanding members will clearly be able to see what has transpired. I will do my best not to stoop so low again. Sorry

. . . tools

Understood, and I apologize for that. Emotional reaction because I felt as though I did nothing wrong and my name was being tarnished. It's not easy being the new guy (with all the in's and out's) and am trying hard to be a member in good standing. Just felt cornered when gang banged others. My bad. I did PM Opus with an apology for the misunderstanding a couple of days ago,and all was good. I also PM others to inquire about what had transpired and they assured me that letting this lie is always the best thing, and the true, upstanding members will clearly be able to see what has transpired. I will do my best not to stoop so low again. Sorry
That's OK Austen...it sounds like a lesson learned on your part. Express a little more humility (omit this backhanded comment " Just felt cornered when gang banged by others") in your post and you'll do just fine.

As a new member, because you read a member's post in response to a comment made that seems a bit strong, doesn't give you the 'Green Light' to respond the same in a similar circumstance. Get in the habit of glancing at the join date of the responder...not that it gives them the right to abuse someone verbally because they've been here a long time....but it will give you an indication that they may have a long standing relationship that affords them to tease one another. What you THINK is meant as 'calling someone out', is in reality just good old fashion ball busting.

The old saying, "Read more, post less" really does apply in your first few months on any forum. Get to know the people by what they write...learn their tone and personality....pay attention to the relationships. If you're not sure how someone means something they write, it's better left alone publicly and best clarified via PM with a Senior Member.

Contacting Devil Doc is probably the best way to go. His caring & nurturing ways have helped countless new members back to the road best traveled. :thumbs:

All done here.
I should be able to grab the box later on this week when I get back into town from my labor day vacation.
Have a great weekend!

My wife picked up a fiver of these for me. (I knew there was a reason I've kept her around). The first was ok. The second and third were much better.

I grabbed the last box. I will PM everyone later in regards to shipping and payment details.

I tried one of these as well, when my old B&M got them in after the show in Vegas. Was a good smoke, at a good price. Was a little bit of a different taste, but I enjoyed it! I'd definitely buy more of them.