• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

la diligencia de M. y G. HABANA?

Cuban Cigars-unopened old box
Click photo to Enlarge​
Item DescriptionBox of Cuban Cigars - sealed with original stamps "La Diligencia." Unknown age.Listing Type: Absentee Bid
High Bid: $120.00
High Bidder: On Site
[size="-1"] History: 5 bids (Starting Bid: $5.00)
End Time: Aug-21-2010 10:00 AM EDT
Seller InformationWall AuctioneersLocation: Jacksonville,OR

-- Info & Live Auction Listings
-- View Catalog
-- Contact AuctioneerAdditional Item Information Payment Details:Related Links:Shipping Information:Seller Accepts:Visa/Mastercard
[/size]

[size="-1"]The box sold for $120 at the live auction. The $35 was the extent of the internet bids.[/size]

[size="-1"]Finders fee? [/size]

Looks like Mark1 won the bidding (HERE) for $35. How much of a finders fee can be warranted on a $35 box of old cigars? (That's rehetorical of course.) Bought at an estate sale or auction? Like online auction? And what's the value? I'd guess oh, about $35. This whole thing reeks to me.

My bad. That $35 should be $120. Thanks for the clarification. I still stand by my statement though.

If this item was on some auction site, I wouldent know anything about it. I was contacted directly by the seller due to a post I put out on craigslist. The gentleman that contacted me said he owns a shop in california that sells antiques etc.

If the item was posted on an auction sight I was not made aware of it by the owner of the box. He told me what he paid for it an wanted to get his money back out of it because he could not sell it on ebay as it is full of cigars.

If anyone here has a problem with me asking for a finders fee of a couple sticks for information, then dont ask for the information. as I understand it from others, this could be a potentialy proffitable venture for someone in the resale business of vintage collectible cigars. If someone cantacted me and said they were interested but wouldent honor the finders fee cause they were just putting it into their own collection, I would have passed the info on to them.

I have found many very nice guys here on CP and I enjoy it here. If it was disrespectful to ask for a couple sticks for passing along information I belived could make someone else a considerable proffit or a collector happy then I appologize for my disrespect. I however dident see it that way when I posted it.

If anyone here has a problem with me asking for a finders fee of a couple sticks for information, then dont ask for the information.
Bullshit. There is NO circumstance on these forums where it's acceptable to profit from a brother. There are sites where it's acceptable, but this isn't one of them.

You are dead wrong and out of line.

B.B.S.

Edited to add: The fact that you've been a beneficiary of the generosity of the membership (bombs) and would turn around and ask for a commision on a sale is more than dissapointing. Your ethics are questionable, at least.

Its just plain disgusting to me Tom (BBS). I have yet to see somebody post an ISO, then have another member point the OP towards the cigar while requesting a "finders fee." Just because someone tells you, "Hey store X is selling Opus X," does not mean that they're entitled to a small finders fee.

You do it because you want to help them out because that is the BOTL way. Obviously Poor Puffer, you don't get it, still haven't gotten it after being treated so well, and you NEVER will get it.

Your reply lacks any true apology and awareness of any wrongdoing. I think this is sad, and I'm sure you'll find tons of friends and suckers at Puff.com, so why don't you cut this trip of yours short and get out.

I have found many very nice guys here on CP and I enjoy it here. If it was disrespectful to ask for a couple sticks for passing along information I belived could make someone else a considerable proffit or a collector happy then I appologize for my disrespect.

Tell you what, have you gained any knowledge from reading this board? If so you owe the OP of every helpful post you've read a "finders fee" for passing along information to you.

Now we know.
Indeed. Proven by his own words to be a slimeball of the lowest order. Can't wait for RoguePuker to try to worm his way out of this one.

Man, I'm pissed. He should put every stick in every bomb he's received (and I know there were more than one) and send them to noobs or the troops or someone that actually DESERVES them.

Oh, by the way, your fee for that advice is two premium smokes. Payable right this second, jerk.

B.B.S.

I was contacted directly by the seller due to a post I put out on craigslist.

This ad ?

Wanted: CIGARS & people who love cigars... (Grants Pass)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-10-05, 1:17PM PDT
Reply to: sale-537qe-1990640918@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for Cigars to buy. Mabey you have some that a relative left when they passed? mabey you are just not smoking cigars anymore? singles, 5ers, boxes? Myself and a friend are Cigar lovers and we a just looking to fill up our humidors. we are not buying to resell. If you are a Cigar lover as well and want to do some group buying with us we would love to hear from you too... allways looking for more friends to share some nice stogies with.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1990640918

That's gonna leave a mark!

128663264774946607.jpg

We got a TV show in the works here. Who is the horn playing Private dick on the case? Kirk, of course!

We got a TV show in the works here. Who is the horn playing Private dick on the case? Kirk, of course!

He's always the dick, but since he doesn't wear pants I assumed there was nothing private about it. :laugh:

I was contacted directly by the seller due to a post I put out on craigslist.

This ad ?

Wanted: CIGARS & people who love cigars... (Grants Pass)

Date: 2010-10-05, 1:17PM PDT
Reply to: sale-537qe-1990640918@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am looking for Cigars to buy. Mabey you have some that a relative left when they passed? mabey you are just not smoking cigars anymore? singles, 5ers, boxes? Myself and a friend are Cigar lovers and we a just looking to fill up our humidors. we are not buying to resell. If you are a Cigar lover as well and want to do some group buying with us we would love to hear from you too... allways looking for more friends to share some nice stogies with.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1990640918

Nicely done! :thumbs:

But at this point not surprising. I've seen this crap enough times to last a lifetime. Somebody's mommy and daddy didn't teach a little boy about life and he didn't figure it out for himself, obviously.

Hey PP! Ever think of running for political office?You seem to have the necessary attributes. :angry:

wouldent, cant, realy, proffitable, cantacted, belived, proffit, appologize, dident.

Someone get this boy some book learnin'!

wouldent, cant, realy, proffitable, cantacted, belived, proffit, appologize, dident.

Here's what's going to happen next - he's going to wave the "I'm a vet" flag which is a slam on every other brave warrior that served with HONOR.....like my son and the many other brothers that did their duty and asked nothing in return.

Not sure why this got under my skin so badly but this guy needs to go. I am, as they say, "over it"......

Not sure why this got under my skin so badly but this guy needs to go. I am, as they say, "over it"......

It's okay Tom, every time you get that pissed off it makes my parts all tingly! :laugh:

Here's what's going to happen next - he's going to wave the "I'm a vet" flag which is a slam on every other brave warrior that served with HONOR.....like my son and the many other brothers that did their duty and asked nothing in return.

It may have to do with the fact that he doesn't seem to think he did anything wrong. Many have already informed him how inappropriate his request was and that this is not a for profit community, but he just can't seem to understand that. Some people don't get it and never will.