• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana DL Chisel

Outsidesmoke

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel Maduro
Dominican Republic
Size: 6 1/4 x 54
Smoke Time: 60 minutes, however my advice is to take it slow!

It's been a little while since this has been reviewed so I decided to go for it. Bear with me as this is my first review.

I walking into my favorite B&M and asked for the strongest smoke that they had. I needed a strong one to depict a Hamlet speech for my British Lit class. The owner pointed me to the La Flor DL Chisel which came with a well earned warning.

It was constructed very well with a 1 large vein and a nice spring. I clipped it with a Xikar and sat down in my favorite chair. Pre-light draw was a little tight so I clipped it again which gave it the perfect draw and a nice sweet flavor. I toasted and lit it with a table top lighter which produced one of the best smelling smokes I have ever had.

The first third was a HUGE spice bomb. From the very beginning I knew that this was going to be a duzzie. Behind all the spice I thought caught a little hint of chocolate. The smoke started to settle down after 10 or so puffs which let me taste the range of flavors behind the spice.

The second third was really nice. I started to feel the nicotine buzz come in after 20 minutes and I immediately got up and raid the candy bowl at the front of the store. There was definitely some leather and wood flavor and maybe chocolate but that might have been the candy. The burn wasn't great, I had to touch it up twice in the first 30 minutes. The ash on the other had was great. I was a nice beige and I only had to ash twice.

The last third continues with a little spice and wood. Again the burn was not good at all, but I was feeling the buzz so much that I didn't care at that point. It finished with a ton of leather.

I drove home and felt like taking a really long nap. I'm lucky I didn't blow chunks, but that was by far the fullest cigar I have ever smoked. I took a couple pictures with my phone but non of them turned out well. Here's a after picture.

PIC-0024.jpg

Nice reveiw and I definately don't believe you're alone in feeling like you need to scream Buick after smoking one of these. I have one set back in the box that I'm a little afraid of to be quite honest. I've been told by several people to eat a very large meal prior to smoking and to have no plans afterwards.

I love those smokes, the maduro is one of my favorites. Nice review.

As a side note, a friend of mine who owns a B&M up this way once told me a story about that particular smoke:

A man walks into his store and asks for the strongest smoke he has. Mike (my buddy) gives him a DL Chisel and a stern warning. The customer smokes it, nubs it, says thanks and leaves.

He then wrecks his car.

A police officer arriving at the scene looks at him and asks if he had been drinking. The man explains what happened, and the cop calls bullshit on him. So the man gives him a book of matches with the store's number on it and tells Mr. policeman to give a call and ask for himself.

Mike answers the phone and explains to the officer what happened, and the guy gets away without a ticket.

The next day, a police officer comes into the store and asks for the strongest smoke. Mike gives him a DL Chisel and a stern warning......

I have one sitting in my humi - can't wait to smoke it now! :thumbs:

awww, little baby go beddy bye after smokey-wokey?

:sign: :sign: :sign:

One of my favorites right there. The great equalizer!

I have one sitting in the humi that I got in tag/pass.
Is this thing stronger then the Camacho Black?

I've smoke 2 of those bad boys already going to pick up a box I love them... :whistling: :cool:

Ooooooo... I have one of these warming up in the bullpen... Boy am I looking forward to it, now.

I have one more sitting in the humi right next to the Lx2 maybe I will smoke them back to back rp

This is a good example that the size and shape of the cigar really matters towards the strength of the cigar. To my personal experience the Chisel hits me with a bigger buzz than the Lancero Oscuro or natural. Does anyone else experience this?

Daviid

Its my favorite "Chew on a Steak while smoking" cigar.

I love them.

Nice review, but you gotta man up! :laugh:

I love strong, spicy cigars and this one fits that bill in spades. :love:

Excellent! Always good to see a noob take the chisel challenge. Smoke another one, it'll put hair on your chest!

What about the Litto Gomez Chisel Puros? Those are ROUGH.

I love those smokes, the maduro is one of my favorites. Nice review.

As a side note, a friend of mine who owns a B&M up this way once told me a story about that particular smoke:

A man walks into his store and asks for the strongest smoke he has. Mike (my buddy) gives him a DL Chisel and a stern warning. The customer smokes it, nubs it, says thanks and leaves.

He then wrecks his car.

A police officer arriving at the scene looks at him and asks if he had been drinking. The man explains what happened, and the cop calls bullshit on him. So the man gives him a book of matches with the store's number on it and tells Mr. policeman to give a call and ask for himself.

Mike answers the phone and explains to the officer what happened, and the guy gets away without a ticket.

The next day, a police officer comes into the store and asks for the strongest smoke. Mike gives him a DL Chisel and a stern warning......

That is a hillarious story. I still have a full box from 2004, wondering how they taste after a 4 year nap.

I smoked this at 3:00pm and I hadn't eaten since 11:00am.

I used to dip a little bit a year ago, so i thought i could handle the buzz with out any food. I'll buy another to age for a couple months so that I can smoke it outside. I guess I didn't mention that I did enjoy the flavor a lot, just not the 2 hours after I smoked it.

This is a good example that the size and shape of the cigar really matters towards the strength of the cigar. To my personal experience the Chisel hits me with a bigger buzz than the Lancero Oscuro or natural. Does anyone else experience this?

Daviid

The lancero isn't quite double ligero due to burn issues, apparently.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=27&pos=11

That said the one I have tried kicked my ass. Probably shouldn't have had it with my morning coffee, but it looked so innocent.. :whistling: