• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana DL

BlankTim

Hi everybody,

I had a PET scan done yesterday on my chest and I have to wait until I see my doctor in two weeks to find out of the tumors are staying gone or not, so I decided I'd have a little smoke last night. No pics, sorry, couldn't find the camera on my walk from the humi to the garage. ;)

Tone-NY was a kind brother and sent me this smoke in my Newbie Trade. A nice Chisel shape.

Pre-light draw was perfect.

Now I wish I could say that I tasted Cocoa and Coffee, and Leather and Raspberry, and that the experience made me see Jesus. I can't. My taste buds seem to be pretty well shot after all the Chemo I had. All I could really taste was ceder and a little pepper.

However...

It was a tasty smoke all the same. It burned very well, I didn't have to fuss with it at all, and it was a very good experience.

I sat in the garage with my book (John Grisham, King of Torts :thumbs: ), and my cigar, and I FROZE MY ASS OFF. Damn roomie forgot to get the propane tank refilled for the heater. It must have been 20 frickin degrees in there last night.

But, it was worth it.
This one is definetly on my list of stuff to try again. :thumbs:

Special thanks to Tone-NY for including it in my trade :thumbs:

These are nice. Was it a Chisel, Chiselito, or Chisel Gordo? Natty or Maddy? Did you cut it the way Litto recommends (a punch cut through the top of the "nib")?

Sorry, lots of questions...I'll shut up now :blush:

These are nice. Was it a Chisel, Chiselito, or Chisel Gordo? Natty or Maddy? Did you cut it the way Litto recommends (a punch cut through the top of the "nib")?

Sorry, lots of questions...I'll shut up now :blush:

LOL! I dunno if it was a Chisel or Chiselito. I wasn't really planning to "review" it, so much as just mention I smoked it and if it was good or not. So I didn't bother looking anything up or trying to find the camera beyond "hmmm is that the camera? Nope! Off to the garage then! Wait, where's my book? A-hah! Off to the garage then! Wait, I need a soda! A-hah! Off to the garage then! Wait, where's my lighter? A-hah!" etc, etc for like 15 minutes before I was finally ready to go out and smoke the thing. :blush:

Definetly not a Gorda/Gordo. Probably around a 45RG, and between 5" and 6" in length. Natural wrapper. I used my cutter, didn't even think about using the punch on it. I'll have to try that next time.

Thanks for mentioning the Maduro! I'll definetly have to try to find some.

mmm... those are delicious. The maduros will kick you ass. I have one sitting in my humi now. It's something you have to be prepared to smoke, imo (well hydrated, in my case). :)

I prefer the naturals, chisel tip, because they're not as strong but still have an incredible flavor.

---John Holmes...

I enjoy most of the LFD DL. My favorites are the 700s, 400s, and of course the Chisels. The chisel shape really does increase the intensity of the smoke. :thumbs:

Big fan here too, I have a chisel maduro in my humi right now too, might not be there much longer since it is going to be in the 60-'s and sunny this weekend. Never tried the nat. Anyone try the LG Chisel Puro?

Thanks for the review. I just ordered a bunch of LFD's to try out.

I'm a big fan of that chisel too. Don't go after a maddy on an empty stomach though it'll kick your butt.

Had a LFD DL Chisel Gorda yesterday afternoon that really kicked my butt. This thing had great flavor right from the start. The strength on these is not hype, I had to let the last 1/3 go or I would have been on the couch the rest of the night. Not for the meek!!

Have been wanting to try these. Thanks for the report. Hope all is well with you and you get a clean bill of health from the doctor. You will be in the wife and I's prayers.

Anyone try the LG Chisel Puro?
I smoked that one you gave me last week and was not impressed. I wouldn't look for it again. They are nothing like the LFD Chisels. Flavor was bland and just smoky... no spice or strength to it at all. :(

Still a good trade, though, as I got to try something new. :)

---John Holmes...

Reading this, I had to have another chisel. The way I smoke it is I use a v-cut along the end parallel to the flat end. It really does wonders to the flavor. A great cigar!! :thumbs:

Liked both the natural and maduro DLs. Only cigars that I thought I tasted cinnamon. Haven't smoked one in a while. Interesting reading on a few opinions that the maduro is stronger than the natural. I felt just the opposite, with the maduro being a little smoother and not as spicy. Either way, they're both good smokes. I'll have to dig one out soon.

Mmmm, I love a Chiselito Maduro or a Lancero on an empty stomach along with an espresso...now that will produce a nice buzz. :)