• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II

moki

el Presidente
I smoked a LFD Factory Press II this afternoon while hauling a felled Black Locust tree up into the garage so the logs can dry out before I split 'em. Before I get to the review, let me preface my comments by saying that while I found the original Factory Press to be a nicely flavored cigar, I found the vitola to be rather awkward to smoke. Because of its 60 ring gauge size and sharply pressed shape, it was akin to smoking a miniature 2x4 plank of wood.

Still, the taste was fairly nice, and it's good to see someone in the cigar industry trying new ideas. How would the new Factory Press II turn out?

Interestingly, while I'm a fan of the LFD Limitado I and Churchill Especial Oscuro Natural cigars, I did not enjoy the Limitado II (which is surprising, given that it has the same Oscuro Natural wrapper as the Especial). So it was with some trepidation, albeit more curiosity, that I torched up the Factory Press II.

The Factory Press II is mercifully smaller than the original Factory Press, coming in at 6 1/4" x 54, with a slightly less severe box press as well. The cigar itself sports a new Nicaraguan wrapper that uses the same special process Litto has pioneered to create an Oscuro Natural wrapper for some of his other cigar lines. The filler is aged Dominican Corojo with Sumatran binder (likely the same crop that is used as wrapper for the LG Small Batch No.1, but didn't make the cut to be wrapper tobacco).

From first light, I was very impressed with the Factory Press II; it was no larger than smoking a Padron Imperial, and the flavors were simply wonderful. Indeed, it's similar to what Padron offers, in that its a very rich but at the same time very smooth cigar.

I'd definitely recommend giving this cigar a try; tastes vary, but I think Litto is churning out some really impressive cigars of late, and the Factory Press II is firmly on that list.

Litto is the man.
He is making some of the most exciting cigars right now I think.
I love the press cigars!
Hey Andrew, is it hard to find a Limitado I?
Would love to find a few, never had that one yet........

I gotta stop having so many windows open. Second time in a week I posted in the wrong place. :angry:

Cool. Headed to Big D over Labor Day w/e and I'll look for these at a couple of B&M's that I know carry them. Thanks for review.

Anyone know of a good online source for the FP2's? I saw some on yahoo auctions last week (should have jumped on that), but otherwise my search has come up short. I haven't had much luck at the B+M's aournd these parts.

Good too hear that you liked the ol' FP II. I knew you would ;) .

Nice review, Andrew.

With two solid recommendations, this cigar goes on the "must try" list.

Wilkey