• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cubana Series R

nicko99

~ Amateur Cigar Smoker ~
I was at the local cigar shop and decided to smoke a Series R. I have enjoyed the Wavell's in the past and thought I should try one. A No. 4 Natural. Excellent flavor with lots of thick smoke. It just kept getting better and better, all the way to the nub. What a kick :0

Headed back there tonight and might have to smoke another.

Yes, yes, yes! I love 'um too. :love:

Reasonably priced too!

Just smoked a #5 natural this evening. Nice bit of spice to it. My favorite is the #7 maduro though, great flavor! :thumbs:

Wasn't a big fan of the Wavell. Didn't see the big deal. I loved the no.4 maduro though. Great flavor!

Shadow said:
Just smoked a #5 natural this evening. Nice bit of spice to it. My favorite is the #7 maduro though, great flavor! :thumbs:
Bill, when do you find time to smoke these big cigars? #7 is about 1&1/2 hour smoke, right?

Wascal said:
Shadow said:
Bill, when do you find time to smoke these big cigars? #7 is about 1&1/2 hour smoke, right?
Pretty much a 1 1/2 hour smoke. A good one for sitting out on the back deck at night watching the stars and sipping on an adult beverage. :D

I would reccomend the Joya de NIc. Antano.
Had one last night and I was buzzed! Tasy too.

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
I would reccomend the Joya de NIc. Antano.
Had one last night and I was buzzed! Tasy too.
Another good cigar! :thumbs:

Shadow said:
Pretty much a 1 1/2 hour smoke. A good one for sitting out on the back deck at night watching the stars and sipping on an adult beverage. :D
Indubitably. My favorite LGCSR (Maduro) experience was sitting in a lawn chair on the ramp at our local municipal airport on a beautiful, cool sunny day, watching the students doing touch-and-goes in the pattern. Mmmm.

I had my first Serie R #5 Maduro last night, and also say that I loved it. Has anyone found a decent price these online? I have looked around, and can't really find anything below ~$125/box.

Any suggestions?

ALostTexan

AtlanticCigar has them for $85 a box but are currently sold out. Got #4's for $75 though.

Just wanted to bump this up...

I really love the maduros. The #4 is a great size for a quick purchase and smoke at the local shop. Every one I've had has been smoked to the nub. :thumbs:

The #5 Maduro has become one of my regular smokes since previously posting on this thread. Man how the time flies....

ALostTexan

They must have raised the price because the cheapest I've found recently is here.

I'm a big fan of the No.5 maduro. One of my favorite cigars for the price.

Lil' Brown has JR's beat on price.

Series R

But their shipping is $6.00, or free on orders over $200.