• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Traviata Divino by C.A.O. Review

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
I was given this cigar at the IPCPR in NOLA by Aylin Franke Ozner. She knows my taste and thought I would like this one since I like a full-bodied cigar.
The La Traviata brand began its life at the turn of the 20th Century in Cuba or, more precisely, in the Tabacalera Cubana, Agramonte no. 106, in Havana. Over 100 years later, CAO has resurrected the La Traviata name.

Latraviata1.jpg

Length/Ring: 5″ x 50
Shape: Robusto
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Wrapper
Binder: Cameroon
Filler: Nicaraguan and Dominican Ligero fillers 
Strength: Medium – Full

It has a beautifully dark and oily wrapper with few veins. Well constructed from head to foot. I clipped the stick with a double guillotine and took a taste. A sweet flavor on the dry draw, a little Earthy.

I lit it with a Lotus triple flame tabletop torch and I took my first taste which revealed a slightly creamy yet Earthy flavor with a hint of spice on the tongue. The burn was even requiring no touch up at all. My ash was very light and almost white. It started out with a creamy Earthy flavor with cocoa notes in the background. As I entered the second third, I noticed the spice on my tongue was getting slightly bolder. It seemed to get notes of leather, maintaining strength.

Entering the last third, it had become a little spicier with a slight peppery feel to the tongue. The flavor was a bit one dimensional, but tasty. The finish was nice. A tasty stick never needing any touch up with a perfect burn.  

Latraviata2.jpg

In conclusion: I can say that it was a descent smoke, well worth the M.S.R.P. of $4.95 each. A nice niche for C.A.O. with the increasing prices. Should be released September 27, 2009. Look for it and buy a couple to try. They also come in a Toro - Radiante (6″ x 52) and Churchill - Intrépido (7″ x 54)

Nice review Andy I don't have much to add except for these are hard to beat for a $5 stick. I'm about 1/2 way through one and so far I'm impressed. You Tucson guys can find these at Jerry's.

Sorry to bump a 3 week old thread but figured it was better than starting a new one.

Just picked one up this week - hadn't heard of it. Eager to give it a try now.

John

Great review! I'm waiting for my B&M to get these in so I can check them out, I've heard many a good thing.

I picked up a couple today while Kim dragged me to the mall, it was a nice smoke especially for the price tag. I got them right at msrp, definitely something I will get a bunch more of.