• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Laid up on a leg injury...

Take it easy and make sure it's good to go before getting back at it.

I tore my ACL/MCL and meniscus about 10 yrs ago. Extenuating circumstances prevented me from getting it repaired. You don't want creaky old knees like I have.

Hope you get better soon!

Hope some you get better soon. Smoke a few favorites.

Hope you get well soon. I had a horse kick me in the knee cap as a kid. Only thing that saved my leg from the knee down was that if didn't have horse shoes on. I was laid down for 12 weeks on a couch. Let me tell you it sucked. As for injuries, I have a laundry list of them. Just do what the Doctor tells you to do. And yes, its a pretty common injury. If you rush it, then you will pay a dear price later on if life.

So my best advice is do what the Doc's tell you and just relax. Since the extent of the injury will not show its ugly face for many years to come. If you have any questions, I can give the laundry list of injuries and tell you I speak from experience. :laugh:

Sorry to hear that Jon. Having lived through 5 knee surgeries myself, I think you will be fine in the long run. My wife currently has a complex tear of the lateral meniscus on her right knee and will be having surgery soon. Get well soon, you need to start training for this year's Mud run!

Does the fine upstanding citizen you were assisting get to have any charges tacked onto his original crime as a result of your injuries?

Danny

Anyone have any similar injuries? From what my Sergeant told me, he says this is a common "skiiing" injury. Anyone have surgery for a torn LCL or miniscus?

Jon ~

I had almost the exact same thing. I had a torn (actually dislocated) ACL and a torn meniscus jammed between my femur and tibia, I couldn't straighten out my leg and it hurt like hell. I had to have reconstructive knee surgery - 6 month rehab, that was that knee. This was the minor injury on my left leg. I had my lower right tibia blown off and broke the right fibula. Had to have what is called an I.M. nail (fancy word for titanium rod) placed down the center of my tibia for the bone to grow back around it. Still have the rod in there. Anyway - alot of rehab and a couple months later I was deemed non-world wide deployable and was told I would be discharged from the military at the end of my current assignment, which is this July after 18 years. So to answer your question - been there and I feel for ya! Hope you have AFLAC!!! And a lot of video games!!

Feel well brother!

~ t

That really does suck...I was in a body cast many years ago and I thought I would go crazy. I found some good books and some light weights to try to keep my arms from atrophy.

Good luck!

You're fugged. You'll never do it doggy style again.

Doc.

I had knee surgery for a torn miniscus and something else, can't remember. I was about six years ago, still hurts like hell when it's cold.
I was off for about two months, but that's because my job at the time required me to climb stares caring over fifty pounds. tried to go back after four, made it through one day, and that was it. The best advice I can give is take it slow, and don't over do it. Enjoy your time off the best you can.

Hang in there kid. Just think you get to hang on CP all day now. :thumbs:

BE DILIGENT WITH THE ICE...DON'T FORGET ONE SESSION! USE A TIMER TO REMIND YOURSELF. KEEP DOING IT UNTIL THE DOCTOR SAYS TO STOP!

I can't stress this enough! It will markedly help the swelling and eventual treatment. Whatever it is you did, just hit it head on and get it taken care of. If you you did any significant damage, at your age, the doctors won't prolong the treatment with cortisone, orthroscopy, physical therapy, or extended rest....they'll get right on it.

But only after the swelling goes down. Ice it, don't walk on it, don't be a hero...it could set you back weeks!

If it's a torn meniscus, that kids stuff....ligament damage is harder....but there are so many degrees of damage that all you could do at this point is guess.

Hang in there and be patient.

I think the only course of action is to amputate directly below the neck.

:whistling:

There are some funny replies in here, and good sound advice. Thanks a lot gentlemen and lady, you guys have made me laugh. I'm going nuts, I've read about 4 books today.....

There are some funny replies in here, and good sound advice. Thanks a lot gentlemen and lady, you guys have made me laugh. I'm going nuts, I've read about 4 books today.....

So the rumor is true after all...The subscription to PlayGirl has finally paid off. :0

So the rumor is true after all...The subscription to PlayGirl has finally paid off. :0

It is true! Now I have time to find ridiculous stuff like this online!:

server.gif

And this:

tastyppl.jpg

Looks like a great time to take online courses and continue your education. Put your down time to good use!!

Anyone have any similar injuries? From what my Sergeant told me, he says this is a common "skiiing" injury. Anyone have surgery for a torn LCL or miniscus?

Not surgery, but I've had a MCL (same ligament, other side of knee) and meniscus damaged from rugby. (ACL is more common from skiing, IIRC, as it gets torn by lower-leg rotation)

The "advantage" of the LCL or MCL is that it repairs itself much better than the ACL, as it has a better blood supply. As for whether you need surgery, most tears and strains self-repair adequately, and you'll get a better idea after a little rest. Don't work it at all until the swelling goes down, give it time to get better.

And for the love of god don't try to play iron man and run on it. Or line up for a match the next weekend. No matter how much your club needs another forward ... I mean, hypothetically of course.