• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Laser Printer Toner Refills

grateful1

Oh My!
I just picked up a HP cartridge for my LJ 4000N...around $100.

Now, I know I can get it a little less....and I know I can get it non-name brand.....what I am not familiar with is 'refilling' my own cartridges.

So - is anyone doing it...and what are the shortcomings and benefits($)?

Thanks.

I had a Brother laser cartridge refilled at Cartridge world. It worked out to be a bit cheaper than the OEM item but it feels like I got fewer pages out of it. No real benefit other than a few bucks saved. No real shortcomings other than reduced output (unverified in my case). Print quality is the same as far as I care to examine.

Wilkey

We use a local company to service all our cartridges. We find we get equal or better life from the "recharged" cartridges. They're guaranteed and replaced at no cost if there is a problem. We pay about 50% - 65% of regular price over a new toner cartridge. He does require we give him the core.

Check your local area. There's bound to be someone nearby servicing toner cartridges.

Hey Gary, I would not try to refill laser printer cartridges on my own. The toner used by your 4000N as well as my 4MP is extremely fine. Adjustment of the drum feeders on the cartridge packs themselves is quite touchy. OEM cartridges do not usually have screws holding the the unit together. They are seam sealed. I have been buying the remanufactured cartridges lately and see no loss in quality. Course I have had my old 4MP is now since 1993, and it keeps on crackin'.

I tried doing the toner refills on my own but it got too messy. After getting a laser printer and using that for a long time, I never had to replace the toner again. As for desktop printers, I don't use them much.

We use a local company to service all our cartridges. We find we get equal or better life from the "recharged" cartridges. They're guaranteed and replaced at no cost if there is a problem. We pay about 50% - 65% of regular price over a new toner cartridge. He does require we give him the core.

Check your local area. There's bound to be someone nearby servicing toner cartridges.

Is his name Paul by any chance?