• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Last minute?

I should mention, I usually use 10 seconds. I never have a technical problem placing my bid in time and thats enough to keep anyone from making a bid based on mine. Thats all sniping really is is cutting things close enough to keep people from bidding it up on you based on your bid. If everyone used sniping then the person who truly wanted it the most would always win and emotions about not letting that other so and so beat you would never enter into it.

Sniping prevents auction fever, You have a winning bid in and somebody else makes a bid. They don't win and decide to bid again, they don't win this one either and bid again. Sometimes the challange of getting the high bid over-rides common sense and they keep bidding until they are on top.

If you are winning at $200 and your high bid is $250 you might end up paying the $250 or losing the auction as somebody chips away at your high bid.