• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lauren, why didn't you post your Opus X collection video here?

Its Loren lol

Shame that's not him...

Nice find though.

It's a shame, he could have filled that humidor with better cigars for half the price!

...why all the OpusX hate, guys...??.... :p

There are lots of great smokes out there, which is the variety most of us gravitate towards. The OpusX, the lovely Pepin smokes, the incredible smokes, limited or otherwise coming from the craftsmen at Padron...lots of good stuff.

Now, the question I'd ask is if this guy has an OpusX collection because he thinks they are the best....or because he thinks it's the most impressive smoke he can stockpile...?? Interesting....

Oh, and Loren's collection would likely kick this guy's butt..... :laugh:

Seriously, I could never smoke only one type of cigar. No matter how great, eventually I would become bored of it.

That was me about a year ago, and then I started actually smoking what I have. Now most to the wazoo vitolas have been sacrificed to the fire gods. Pretty good stuff.

Nice collection but too much of one thing can get very boring, as the old saying goes " variety is the spice of life ".

That is seriously expensive collection, and I wonder if he is payiing above MSRP for all that?

As far as smoking the same thing all the time; years ago, that was more the norm. A fellow basically smoked the same cigar everyday.
I guess it was like a cigarette smoker who always smokes the same brand. But, I wonder if there was a higher percentage of "Smokers" (every day, 3 or 5 a day) back then, vice a lot of folks who are more a few times a week hobbyist sort of smokers.

That is seriously expensive collection, and I wonder if he is payiing above MSRP for all that?

As far as smoking the same thing all the time; years ago, that was more the norm. A fellow basically smoked the same cigar everyday.
I guess it was like a cigarette smoker who always smokes the same brand. But, I wonder if there was a higher percentage of "Smokers" (every day, 3 or 5 a day) back then....
That is correct...there were very few people back in the 60s & 70s that do what is now considered normal...smoking different brands/different sizes. To find a 'collector' was rare, but not impossible. In those days, a collector was a CC smoker exclusively.

Back then, a cigar smoker was 'known' and identified by his personal favorite stick...EVERY TIME you saw this person, he had the same cigar in his mouth or hand. To see them smoke something different was considered abnormal and drew comments from fellow smokers who always noticed. Cigars smokers back in the day were just like cigarette smokers...they smoked way more than they do today. It wasn't because they were milder than today's cigars (there were powerhouses back then too!), but because they were also more affordable....and it was a mindset. Think about it, if you worked in an office of cigarette smokers, you also had cigar smokers smoking at their desks and in their cars and at home too....no Communist anti-smoking laws back then.

I remember that after dinner every night, my Dad and Uncles would immediately light up a cigar and pour a glass of wine or scotch as they left the dinner table. Now don't get me wrong, my Mother & Aunts constantly bitched about the smell...but that didn't deter the men from their passion one bit!

It truly was a simpler time in our history....

That is pretty funny find. I'd would hate to tell that guy I've smoked more than he has in his humidor and then some. Still a decent collection. If he really wanted to be collecting Opus X, he needs to have more of the CFCF fun boxes. The 2008 isn't even the best run IMHO.

I guess it was like a cigarette smoker who always smokes the same brand. But, I wonder if there was a higher percentage of "Smokers" (every day, 3 or 5 a day) back then....
That is correct...there were very few people back in the 60s & 70s that do what is now considered normal...smoking different brands/different sizes. To find a 'collector' was rare, but not impossible. In those days, a collector was a CC smoker exclusively.

Back then, a cigar smoker was 'known' and identified by his personal favorite stick...EVERY TIME you saw this person, he had the same cigar in his mouth or hand. To see them smoke something different was considered abnormal and drew comments from fellow smokers who always noticed. Cigars smokers back in the day were just like cigarette smokers...they smoked way more than they do today. It wasn't because they were milder than today's cigars (there were powerhouses back then too!), but because they were also more affordable....and it was a mindset. Think about it, if you worked in an office of cigarette smokers, you also had cigar smokers smoking at their desks and in their cars and at home too....no Communist anti-smoking laws back then.

I remember that after dinner every night, my Dad and Uncles would immediately light up a cigar and pour a glass of wine or scotch as they left the dinner table. Now don't get me wrong, my Mother & Aunts constantly bitched about the smell...but that didn't deter the men from their passion one bit!

It truly was a simpler time in our history....

Ahhh.... The good ol' days!

Didn't anyone see the second video - he has a second floor to ceiling humidor for his non-Opus smokes. He seems to have variety pretty well covered. He also talks about getting another box as if it were as easy as hopping onto CI to order a box of Pardrons.

Didn't anyone see the second video - he has a second floor to ceiling humidor for his non-Opus smokes. He seems to have variety pretty well covered. He also talks about getting another box as if it were as easy as hopping onto CI to order a box of Pardrons.

I watched the 2nd one and the one he gets a box signed by Carlito. Its called connections. All it takes is time, money and a dedication to look for what you want.

...why all the OpusX hate, guys...??.... :p

There are lots of great smokes out there, which is the variety most of us gravitate towards. The OpusX, the lovely Pepin smokes, the incredible smokes, limited or otherwise coming from the craftsmen at Padron...lots of good stuff.

Now, the question I'd ask is if this guy has an OpusX collection because he thinks they are the best....or because he thinks it's the most impressive smoke he can stockpile...?? Interesting....

Oh, and Loren's collection would likely kick this guy's butt..... :laugh:

All I can say is this. Opus X is one of the few cigars I could ever taste for over a decade and really couldn't afford them till I was medically retired in 2006 by the VA Administration. Ever since then, my main target is the CFCF fun boxes and other Fuente stuff. Now that my Doctor put me on a sinus pill and spray last year, I can now identify tastes and what not in other cigars outside my normal smokes of Opus X. I simply enjoy the hell out of my Opus. There is plenty of other great smokes by Padron, LFD and others but my first love is always going to be Opus X. This doesn't take away from the other brands. When I reach for a cigar, I want a Opus X. It doesn't matter if its 110 degrees with 99% humidity or -30 degrees F, I will smoke my Opus no matter the weather conditions. When I do purchase a say a Padron 1926 Maduro #2, I really do enjoy it and its a special treat when I pick one up. It still isn't a Opus X.

I love Opus X haters. It just means I can buy more. Yes, I do collect them but I collect to smoke and not just sit on them. Plus its fun reviewing them for the rest of CP to read. And yes, I go in spurts when it comes to my cigars. I've been on a huge Sun grown kick lately. So my Opus X is safe from me for awhile. But one day I will wake up and blow through a CFCF box in a week and the next its a Anejo #48 run. You just never know with me. But you can always bet I will be buying Opus X once November comes around till the summer of the next year. Then I will hit other cigars for a few months and wham, the season of the CFCF boxes is here again. Rinse and repeat. :D

If I didn't buy my CFCF boxes, I'd need a 200 square foot walk in humidor since I'd be able to buy more boxes of other cigars for the same price. But in my world, price isn't a factor nor does it save a cigar from me. :D

Well Fuente must thank their lucky stars for you Loren. :thumbs: