• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Leaving Las Vegas..."

opusXmarco

Cigar Posse Member
I was laid-off from my job at the beginning of the year. It's been tough looking for work in Las Vegas. Yesterday I was offered a position that will take me to another city...San Francisco.

I have been rehired by the same company in the same position with more pay. I took the offer because due to the current state of the economy. It's a bittersweet moment, but a man gots to do what a man gots to do.

The wife is a teacher in a year-round school and she'll have to stay until her term ends in August. I'll be racking up some frequent flyer credits with Southwest until August.

We're heading up to San Francisco this week for a few days to check out places to live and then back to Vegas Saturday, then I'll drive up to San Francisco Sunday and start work Monday.

Gonna miss Casa Fuente and the many friends I've made here in the 5+ years. Looking forward to making new friends and seeing my New York Mets when the visit the Giants in May!

Congrats on the job. Sorry it turns your life upside down but as you said...

A man's gots to do.....

Best of luck to you and your lady!!

G-

That's great to hear about the job, Marco! Consider the move a new chapter in your life and enjoy!

Best of luck to you Marco. As they say, when one door closes, another one opens. Hope everything works out for the better in SF!

At least the housing prices are down in SF. It's only a million for a bungalow now instead of a million five. ;)

I'm gonna miss my Casa buddy, but glad to hear things are looking up for you Marco.

BTW, I will be in town Thursday for a week. Call me when you're around!

That whole one door closes and another one opens proverb.

Good luck up there. Besides Seanholio heads up the welcome wagon in the area!
San Francisco is one of my favorite cities.

Glad to hear it will ultimately end up working out for you, best of luck with the move and the job!

Good luck with the new gig! San Fran seems like a great place to live if you know where to look.

Congrats on the new position and good luck with the move....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Congrats on the new job Marco! I think you'll be the only Jets fan in SF. Perhaps that will change too!

I was laid-off from my job at the beginning of the year. It's been tough looking for work in Las Vegas. Yesterday I was offered a position that will take me to another city...San Francisco.

I have been rehired by the same company in the same position with more pay. I took the offer because due to the current state of the economy. It's a bittersweet moment, but a man gots to do what a man gots to do.

The wife is a teacher in a year-round school and she'll have to stay until her term ends in August. I'll be racking up some frequent flyer credits with Southwest until August.

We're heading up to San Francisco this week for a few days to check out places to live and then back to Vegas Saturday, then I'll drive up to San Francisco Sunday and start work Monday.

Gonna miss Casa Fuente and the many friends I've made here in the 5+ years. Looking forward to making new friends and seeing my New York Mets when the visit the Giants in May!

Hell Yes!! Congratulations on the new job!!

It definitely sounds bitter sweet. I will be in San Francisco from the 21st - 28th. Maybe we can smoke a few together

Congrats on the job, and relocation is a sign of the times. Too bad we never got to hook up in Vegas at Casa. Now hopefully when I go up to the Bay we can hook up. :thumbs:

Thanks guys...

I'm looking forward to the change of scenery.

Lordlister-Will always be a Mets, Jets, Knicks and Rangers fan...for life. You can take me out of Nu Yawk, but you can't take Nu Yawk out of me.