• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Les Hauts de la Brune 2004 Coteaux du Languedoc

Nice_Ashh

Upon removing the cork of this wine, I was immediately struck with a wonderful aroma of black cherry with a hint of red raspberry. I begin to pour a small amount into my glass, and the smell of the fruit began to magnify. It has an incredible aroma, heavier with black cherry than any wine I have ever tried. The aroma had me anticipating the first taste.

The taste did not dissapoint. It posesses an incredible burst of fresh fruit, tasting of black cherry and red raspberry. The texture is silky smooth to match the wonderful flavor. The finish is somewhat short, but spicey like a Syrah blend should be. The short finish leaves you wanting more.

I drank this wine with a porterhouse off the grill, and it paired wonderfully. However, I found that the best pairing with it was semi-sweet chocolate. The chocolate with the black cherry flavor made it seem as though I were eating a cherry cordial.

If this wine were $50 per bottle, I would say it is incredible, however at $10 per, it is magnificent. If you are a wine drinker, and come across this wine, don't hesitate to give it a try. I would give this wine 93-95 points.

Thank you John for introducing me to this wonderful wine :thumbs:!!

If this wine were $50 per bottle, I would say it is incredible, however at $10 per, it is magnificent. If you are a wine drinker, and come across this wine, don't hesitate to give it a try. I would give this wine 93-95 points.

From the title I thought it would be $50. Great review love that black cherry undertone in a red. I am going to find this wine. Thanks.

From the title I thought it would be $50. Great review love that black cherry undertone in a red. I am going to find this wine. Thanks.

It is incredible, especially for the price. Hard to find though. Only 5,000 cases of this French wine were ever produced. When WS gave it a 90 rating it became even harder to find. Think I will go home and uncork one tonight. :thumbs:
Nice review Eric.......better wear her down quick. :sign: