• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Less expensive smokes...

Got a buddy and his family owns property in Canada, where he spends about half his time. He tells me for a nice inexpensive ISOM he really likes the Jose E Piedra's and the Quentero Brevas smokes. Both are good but he prefers the JEP's...... :cool:

One man's opinion - B.B.S.

Don't forget the RyJ Mille Fleurs.
I tried one last week and it was not bad.

I've read a review somewhere on the net (I'm not good at reviews so I copy-pasted this review) :

A Petit Corona (5 1/8 x 42) of great value, this cigar is only hand-made/long filler, and its poor machine-made, cello wrapped, cousin is, happily, no more. Floral, ambered, hints of dark chocolate, softly tease your palate. Half-way through your 35 to 45 minute smoke, you will notice some cedar notes to the cigar, never piquant, yet giving just the correct amount of spice the cigar needs. A little age on this cigar only makes it more enjoyable. At less than $5.00 per stick, it is a loss not to buy a box.

Ciao,

KN

Like another poster said, Bolivar's are nice and Trinidad Reyes are also good. At about $6 a stick the Trinidad's are a great quick smoke.

All of my Unamerican friends say that they think Partagas Chicos can't be beat for price/flavor. Short, but tasty, they say.

Lemme get this straight...if I rescind my citizenship I get: free healthcare, no taxes, cheaper/easier drivers license, lower rate mortgages, AND I can smoke cubans? Some BOTL needs to find out how to do this!

Someone told me that Monte #4's and Partagas Petite Coronas Especiales were great smokes and can both be had for less than $125 a box.

Someone told me that Monte #4's and Partagas Petite Coronas Especiales were great smokes and can both be had for less than $125 a box.

Yes but my other Non-American friend tells me that the Monte #4's are terribly inconsistent and have been natoriously known for not drawing well. After all, they are the most produced cigar coming out of Cuba today. But that's just what he says...

mac

I second the vote on the Quinteros. I used to like the Piedras as well, but about a year ago i think i just burned them out. I would also give honorable mention to Ramon Allones belvederes (aged stock is easy to find if you know where to look) and Partagas shorts.

My cousin in Canada swears by the petite corona sized Fonsecas that are cedar wrapped. He says they are great small smoke and he doesn't pay much for them. He wishes that he could get his hands on another box. I'm assuming that you are also in Canada, you should give them a try.

Point taken...
Theres a lot of great Cubans out there that can be had pretty reasonable, of course that all depends on what reasonable is for you.

Some of my favorites are:

Diplomaticos - No5
Partagas - Shorts
Por Larranaga - Panetelas
El Rey Del Mundo - Demi Tasse
El Rey Del Mundo - Petit Coronas

Yes but my other Non-American friend tells me that the Monte #4's are terribly inconsistent and have been natoriously known for not drawing well. After all, they are the most produced cigar coming out of Cuba today. But that's just what he says...

mac

This has been my experience with them as well. The first one i had was ok, so i gave it a second go and was more unimpressed. The last one i had was a well aged "mystery stick" and i told the sender my first guess (by looks and size) was Monte No. 4, but then i was confused because i really enjoyed the cigar, so i guessed it was another vitola. In any event, my experience confirms what your friend was saying. Just my $.02 on that.