• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lets play cigar roulette

DarrenR

I swear I am number 8!
:D Because I am feeling a little crazy waiting for my Hemi's to get here I have one more box I need to get to start my collection back on track. Here is the game.
I need a new box.
Price $140 or below.(this is what makes it interesting!)
Thats it.
Write a brief description of why it's the best choice and that's it.
The one that suggest the box I buy gets a gift for their time.
I am getting back on the bike and I need your help to stock the humi. LOL :laugh:

I will be out of town for the weekend guys so give it to me and I will pick next week.
Thanks
Darren

I say grab a box of the La Flor Dominicana Dbl Ligero Chisels. They are great smokes, look like they will age well, and are reasonably priced at $114.00 for 20. Come to think of it, I should order a box! :D

Don Carlos # 3 for $137.63 a box. The finest Cameroon wrapped cigar on the market.

Price $140 or below.(this is what makes it interesting!)
I would have to go for the Trinidad Reyes. They are an amazing smoke young, and I can only imagine it will get better with time.

Any description I would give just wouldn't do it justice. I think Wilkey did a great review on them:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...=17235&hl=reyes

Also, you can find them anywhere from $130 and up, which usually includes shipping. :thumbs:

Price: €109.10 EUR ~USD 130.70

Enjoy!
- C

**edit to add:

Oh .. and on my most evil of posts!!! :sign:

Group: Members
Member No.: 1983

ISOM I would Say Montecristo - No.4 $140 exactly.
If NC I would say Punch Gran Puro, simply a delicious tasting cigar for a very reasonable price

You can go one of two ways in restocking, pick something you already know and like or be adventurous and go for something you have had. Since I don't know what youve had before I'll give a short list.

CAO Black Gothic, 6x52 torpedo, $118
I really like the CAO Blacks and have some with about 18 months on them that are doing very well.

5 Vegas Limitada '05, 6.2x52 Belicoso, $125
Very consistent, nice burn and flavor

AVO Maduro #2, 6x50 super robusto, $135
AVO and Maduro...what more needs to be said?

Rocky Patel Sun Grown, 61.x52 Torpedo, $139
Not quite an Ashton but not quite the price either. I like them.

Carlos Torano Silver, 6.5x54 Torpedo, $108
Almost 8 years age on these at $4.25 a stick...hard to beat.

I have enough faith that if you buy something off this list and don't like them I'll buy them back from you.

Cuban Davidoff . . . oh you said $140 not $14000. :D

Many of the aforementioned smokes are great choices. Especially the Punch Gran Puro as it is one of my favorites.

However, I would suggest the Rocky Patel Vintage 90 or 92 (92 are my favorite) Churchill. You can generally get these under $140 and right now CI has this deal RP Vintage 92 Churchill + Feeebie

Have fun stocking up.

- Jason

San Cristobal de La Habana - El Principe

My personal favorite little smoke in the price range your looking. I've shared quite a few of these with friends and family and always get the same result .... FANTASTIC!

:cool:

I am throwing my vote out there for the hemingways. They are incredible smokes, and you can get most sizes under 140. They always have great flavor and rarely have burn issues. These are some of the most consistant smokes out there!

Another great smoke that you could get cheap are the Padron X000 maduros. You can get any of these sizes under 140 and they are some of my favorite everyday smokes. Padron quality and flavor, not to mention the are box pressed!! :D :thumbs:

Brandon

Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas Size: 4 3/8 x 42 Strength: Medium to Full
Taste: Woody

This is one of the best small cigars around.

$119.00 plus $20 shipping and they are in stock!!!!

cuesta rey. stanford's cameroon reserve

Unless you know where there are boxes of these right now, good luck, they're like Anejos. They only come out at Christmas. This year they will release a churchill as well.Very small amounts of these are made. I dont remember the exact number.

Oh and this is my FAVOURITE cigar right now. I have enough to have one a month til they are rereleased. Excellent cigar !!!

:( Man I'm getting no love on this... Only thirteen people huh??
Thanks for the helping gang.
Well I had a RP vintage 1990 over the weekend. I had never had one of these and boy that is a keeper right now but not the winner yet.
I also have a few Don Carlos #3's in my collection now and these are a fav of mine but for some reason I love the Hemingways just as much. The signature and classic are my go to smokes.
I have a Series R #4 maduro I will be trying today or tomorrow.(no one mentioned these yet)
I will line up a Avo maduro for the weekend and maybe 2 more if I get some suggestions.
Sorry for those that have ISOM's on there I should have specified but I have good selection in my cabinet and I am looking for something alittle easier to get.LOL
I still am looking for suggetions. :D
Thanks
Darren

OK, here are a couple more suggestions in the price range:
Camacho - SLR
La Gloria Cubana - Reserva Figurado

I really like the La Gloria Cubana's in maduro...

There are also the Tatuaje Noellas, but they are a little above $140.
I found these on-line for about $160 (not including shipping).

edited to add Tatuaje Noellas

Well I had a RP vintage 1990 over the weekend. I had never had one of these and boy that is a keeper right now but not the winner yet.
Thanks
Darren

CI has RP Vintage's on sale. You can get Robustos (1990 or 1992)in stock for $117 plus a free 6 pack sampler. The Churchills are $135 plus the free 6 pack, but those are B/O for 1-2 weeks. But I agree these are keepers.

OK, here are a couple more suggestions in the price range:
Camacho - SLR
La Gloria Cubana - Reserva Figurado

I really like the La Gloria Cubana's in maduro...

There are also the Tatuaje Noellas, but they are a little above $140.
I found these on-line for about $160 (not including shipping).

edited to add Tatuaje Noellas

I concur with the LGC suggestion! :thumbs:
These rock! I also have like the Serie R maduros but not nearly as much as the Reservas.

-Rob

I also have a few Don Carlos #3's in my collection now and these are a fav of mine but for some reason I love the Hemingways just as much. The signature and classic are my go to smokes.
I have a Series R #4 maduro I will be trying today or tomorrow.(no one mentioned these yet)
I will line up a Avo maduro for the weekend and maybe 2 more if I get some suggestions.
Sorry for those that have ISOM's on there I should have specified but I have good selection in my cabinet and I am looking for something alittle easier to get.LOL
Thanks
Darren

Oh brother ......

How about AF Chateau Fuente SG or AF Cuban Belicoso then?

:cool: