• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LFD DOUBLE LIGERO LANCEROS

jus10

CP Shipping Guru
LA FLOR DOMINICANA DOUBLE LIGERO LANCEROS
Origin: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Shape: PANETELLA
Wrapper: ECUADOR
Binder: DOMINICAN
Filler: DOMINICAN
Strength: FULL (ESPECIALLY THE FIRST 3RD)
Ring Guage: 38
Length: 7.5
Box Code: Dec. 05'
Pre Light: Tasted of Strong Spicy Tobacco, Gives hint of whats to come
Construction: Flawless with a nice heft in the hand for the vitola. Draw is perfect with a great burn line. Ash is uniformly gray with a subtle beige undertone.
Tasting Notes: The Spice that you get in the first 3rd is an acute spice on the pallet, not a rounded spice but more of a bite. This flavour hits quickly and similarly finishes quickly. At this point In the cigar I find myself very interested having so much strength in the vitola. I more often than not I pull this Vitola when I'm mellowing out (to read or just kick it with a coffee or something) . This cigar makes me feel like I should be tailgating and yelling. the middle 3rd definitely simmers down a bit. The spice is still strong but seems to be infuse with a sweetness like anise or something. This part of the stick is very enjoyable. This Particular specimen is right OTT and I can begin to taste this in the last 3rd. No doubt about it at this point that this is a young cigar. With that being I predict that this is going to mature very, very nicely. I am putting these down for a nice rest and will report back in 6 months. :D

Pay not attention to the pre-war radiator. I rent it's Manhattan :p

1st 3rd
LFDLancero1.jpg

2nd 3rd
LFDLancero2.jpg

3rd 3rd
LFDLancero3.jpg

Nice review and picture, Jus.

Sounds like a more refined smoke that the Chisel. Am I right?

BTW, I used to live uptown and I remember those radiators. :D

You are correct Sir. This stick is more refined and I believe that in time this will be a very complex refined smoke. This Blend and Vitola seems to do a good job at wrangling the ligero a bit and giving it the chance to be refined. Unlike the power bomb that is the chisel...

You are correct Sir. This stick is more refined and I believe that in time this will be a very complex refined smoke. This Blend and Vitola seems to do a good job at wrangling the ligero a bit and giving it the chance to be refined. Unlike the power bomb that is the chisel...

I have a chisel resting in the humidor thanks to Ginseng! I wanted to smoke it over the holidays, but never got a chance to. So I think that this weekend it might be time to smoke it. If it is a "power bomb" than I am in for a real treat, the stronger the better.

SabresFan said:

I have a chisel resting in the humidor thanks to Ginseng! I wanted to smoke it over the holidays, but never got a chance to. So I think that this weekend it might be time to smoke it. If it is a "power bomb" than I am in for a real treat, the stronger the better.
[snapback]274985[/snapback]​

You must have an iron palate! Do let us know how it turns out.

You must have an iron palate! Do let us know how it turns out.

It's true, I'm partial to rich strong flavors. Plus I'm a complete nicotine junky. 18 years of Chewing tobacco use and occasionally smoked cigs before I gave them both up for cigars, so yeah I like a little pep in my smokes.

Hopefully the weather will hold out so I can go sit outside and enjoy it this weekend. If so I will certainly let you know how it turns out.

I'm a huge LFD fan and my favorite vitola is a lancero therefore I would love to try these. Are these a part of regular production, or limited release?

Fyodor said:
I'm a huge LFD fan and my favorite vitola is a lancero therefore I would love to try these.  Are these a part of regular production, or limited release?
[snapback]275125[/snapback]​

Same here. Big LFD fan and love lanceros (a recent development). I haven't done a search on these and would like to know about the production as well. If anyone has info, that would be great. :)

(Otherwise, if I get a chance after work, I'll do my own homework.) :whistling:

BTW, great review jus10! :thumbs:

Great review jus10! I've always been curious about that paticular vitola.

stevehawk said:
Fyodor said:
I'm a huge LFD fan and my favorite vitola is a lancero therefore I would love to try these. Are these a part of regular production, or limited release?

Same here. Big LFD fan and love lanceros (a recent development). I haven't done a search on these and would like to know about the production as well. If anyone has info, that would be great. :)

[snapback]275130[/snapback]​

I believe they are a special production cigar. Moki did a review on these a couple of months ago. They infrequently become available to stores that do events with LFD and Litto Gomez. They are just one of those cigars that Litto sends out from time to time. Moki may correct me, but I that is what I remember.

That said, I'd love to get my hands on one. Going to a LFD event at the end of the month. Hopefully I'll have some luck.

This is the one vitola of the LDF line that I would really love to try. I've tried the chisel with various outcomes, but the lancero is now becoming more and more appealing to me. Hope I can find some.

-Fetter

Yeah Litto sends a few boxes every now and again to certain retailers. These a vitola he blended and made for himself.

Thanks for the review. Was only able to round up a 10 pack of these so far but have not had the chance to try one yet. I have heard that they are a great smoke, especially for LFD lovers. I look forward to trying one after they rest a while. :thumbs:

Yes Atuck, these will benifit greatly from time in the humidor. With that being said if you have a 10er of these I would try one now. They are very interesting now, and I feal they are going to change dramatically in a years time. :thumbs:

moki said:
Yeah Litto sends a few boxes every now and again to certain retailers. These a vitola he blended and made for himself.
[snapback]275276[/snapback]​

Man, that's not what I wanted to hear. No shops around here that a big LFD vendors. I don't suppose there's an online source? :love:

cigardawg said:
stevehawk said:
Fyodor said:

[snapback]275130[/snapback]​

I believe they are a special production cigar. Moki did a review on these a couple of months ago. They infrequently become available to stores that do events with LFD and Litto Gomez. They are just one of those cigars that Litto sends out from time to time. Moki may correct me, but I that is what I remember.

That said, I'd love to get my hands on one. Going to a LFD event at the end of the month. Hopefully I'll have some luck.
[snapback]275206[/snapback]​

Short Pump? AFAIK I will be there, unless something major comes up I try to get to most of these sorts of things. Especially when I heard they are bringing the Lanceros.

CYG