• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LFD Factory Press Limitado

OpusXKC

MOΛΩN ΛABE
Cigar: La Flor Dominicana Factory Press Limitado
Length: 6.5 inches
Ring: 54

In the past I have reviewed both the Factory Press I and the Factory Press II. Noticing that Litto had decided to present us with another incarnation of this traditionally delicious candy bar smoke, I knew I would have to put flame to stick and pen to paper once again.

--Initial Impressions and Pre-light--
As the name suggests this cigar is definitely box pressed. This time the presentation is individually boxed trays instead of the large multi-tray cabinet. The wrapper is tightly wrapped and very uniform in its application. Rounded across the bottom and flat on the top, again this cigars shape reminds me of a candy bar. This time though it seem to be coated with a dark chocolate that is silky, smooth and reflects a slight sheen of oil.

--Light up and Start--

IMAGE_001.jpg

Cut, light and the smoke start to flow forth. This cigar is very much a Litto. A strong and complex plume of smoke lets forth an array of flavor. The mouth is filled with a heavy smoke permeated with flavors of Italian roasted coffee and English toffee. Gentle notes of fresh ground black peppercorns slides in the back of the mouth. All of this is supported with a soft taste of pound cake.

--First Inch--

IMAGE_010.jpg

With a bit of this cigar put to ash I have found that the smoke produced is hearty and thick. A smooth thick chewy smoke has provided me with much more of the initial flavors. The cigar has generated more sweetened flavors consisting of condensed milk and butter scotch. I have noticed that with a thick wrapper I have had to touch up the burn a bit, but nothing to truly worry about.

--At the Half--

IMAGE_011.jpg

A section of transition has been met. The cakey sweetness starts to melt away. Flavors of cognac and very gentle notes of green chili spice have entered the mix. Dry notes of sourdough toast compliments this smoke. These flavors are somewhat reminiscent of a crisp filled chocolate dark cacao candy. Again similar to a candy bar.

--The 3rd Quarter--

IMAGE_012.jpg

The transition from the half has continued revealing a moderate increase in spice and a hearty flavor of seared pork. Many of the other flavors can still be noted but in smaller quantities. The ash, yet flaky, stays together quite well.

--The End--

IMAGE_015.jpg

By this point a much stronger oaky and orange spice permeates the mouth. The smoke has become slightly warmer containing tart and hearty flavors. Bringing this cigar to a small nub reveals a strong flavor of Latikia.

--Final Impressions--

IMAGE_017.jpg

I would say this Press is hearty, flavorful, and very enjoyable. A sweet starter with a heavy finish definitely worthy of the Factory Press name. Of all of the Press series, this probably is less like a candy bar than it's predecessors. Enjoyable transitions and thick chewy smoke make this a must.

Cigar: La Flor Dominicana Factory Press Limitado
Length: 6.5 inches
Ring: 54

In the past I have reviewed both the Factory Press I and the Factory Press II. Noticing that Litto had decided to present us with another incarnation of this traditionally delicious candy bar smoke, I knew I would have to put flame to stick and pen to paper once again.

--Initial Impressions and Pre-light--
As the name suggests this cigar is definitely box pressed. This time the presentation is individually boxed trays instead of the large multi-tray cabinet. The wrapper is tightly wrapped and very uniform in its application. Rounded across the bottom and flat on the top, again this cigars shape reminds me of a candy bar. This time though it seem to be coated with a dark chocolate that is silky, smooth and reflects a slight sheen of oil.

--Light up and Start--

IMAGE_001.jpg

Cut, light and the smoke start to flow forth. This cigar is very much a Litto. A strong and complex plume of smoke lets forth an array of flavor. The mouth is filled with a heavy smoke permeated with flavors of Italian roasted coffee and English toffee. Gentle notes of fresh ground black peppercorns slides in the back of the mouth. All of this is supported with a soft taste of pound cake.

--First Inch--

IMAGE_010.jpg

With a bit of this cigar put to ash I have found that the smoke produced is hearty and thick. A smooth thick chewy smoke has provided me with much more of the initial flavors. The cigar has generated more sweetened flavors consisting of condensed milk and butter scotch. I have noticed that with a thick wrapper I have had to touch up the burn a bit, but nothing to truly worry about.

--At the Half--

IMAGE_011.jpg

A section of transition has been met. The cakey sweetness starts to melt away. Flavors of cognac and very gentle notes of green chili spice have entered the mix. Dry notes of sourdough toast compliments this smoke. These flavors are somewhat reminiscent of a crisp filled chocolate dark cacao candy. Again similar to a candy bar.

--The 3rd Quarter--

IMAGE_012.jpg

The transition from the half has continued revealing a moderate increase in spice and a hearty flavor of seared pork. Many of the other flavors can still be noted but in smaller quantities. The ash, yet flaky, stays together quite well.

--The End--

IMAGE_015.jpg

By this point a much stronger oaky and orange spice permeates the mouth. The smoke has become slightly warmer containing tart and hearty flavors. Bringing this cigar to a small nub reveals a strong flavor of Latikia.

--Final Impressions--

IMAGE_017.jpg

I would say this Press is hearty, flavorful, and very enjoyable. A sweet starter with a heavy finish definitely worthy of the Factory Press name. Of all of the Press series, this probably is less like a candy bar than it's predecessors. Enjoyable transitions and thick chewy smoke make this a must.

Great review. I cant wait to try one. I just had another FP II a couple of weekends ago, and forgot how much I liked them

Wonderful review, Anthony! You've really set the bar high with these Factory Press reviews. I never did try the FP I but had a few of the FP II and found them to be heavy and a bit strong for me. The Connecticut Broadleaf maduro was exactly the change that I would have hoped for to sweeten them up and give them a rounder, softer profile. Sounds like it did the trick.

Well done, brother. :thumbs:

Wilkey

BTW, that tray is a real bitch to store. I ended up taking all the cigars out of it and packing them into an empty Indian Tabac box with some other heavy cigars.

Bringing this cigar to a small nub reveals a strong flavor of Latikia.

Latikia, i knew a gal named that, at it brings to mind a aroma of tuna fish, maybe with a hint of mullet.

Good review on a good cigar. What an ugly assed cup in the background!

Thank you for giving me a preview of one of the cigars I have coming my way! (Just worked a trade out with K) Your mouth-watering descriptions have me anticipating their arrival! :D

Steve

Thanks for the fantastic review. With all your analogies to food, I'm tempted to douse a few in syrup and wolf em down.

Wow...what a great review of a truly elegant (and awesome) smoke.

I have been fortunate to have smoked several of these beauties and reordered (for our shop) ALL that I could get my hands on.

A really great smoke!!!

Sounds great!! I have a number of the FPII in the humi now I'd love to try this one. Love Litto's smokes. Where did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking? Can't seem to find them at my usual venues

Great review, I happened to smoke one of these a couple of days ago. Even though the weather conditions were not great, the smoke was great and I did like it more than the FP II (which I have enjoyed every one I have smoked).

Ken

Sounds great!! I have a number of the FPII in the humi now I'd love to try this one. Love Litto's smokes. Where did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking? Can't seem to find them at my usual venues
I got them from my local B&M The Outlaw Cigar Company. If you are every around Kansas City, it is an absolute MUST stop for any cigar lover.

I just passed the first band and WHAT A GREAT CIGAR!

Thanks for the trade, -K- :thumbs:

What is Latikia?

What is Latikia?

Latakia is now the principal port of Syria; it is located on a good harbour, with an extensive agricultural hinterland. Exports include bitumen and asphalt, cereals, cotton, fruits, eggs, vegetable oil, pottery, and tobacco. Cotton ginning, vegetable-oil processing, tanning, and sponge fishing are local industries. The University of Latakia was founded in 1971 and renamed Gami't Tishrin (University of October) in 1976. The city is linked by road to Aleppo, Homs, Tripoli, and Beirut. All but a few classical buildings have been destroyed, often by earthquakes; those remaining include a Roman triumphal arch and Corinthian columns known as the colonnade of Bacchus.

Latakia tobacco

Dan