• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Life Advice- Best investments you have made.

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
To steal a question from one of my favorite podcasters, what is the best or most worthwhile investments you have ever made?

I will go first. I’ve began reading self improvement and self help books. Some that come to mind are How to win friends and influence people, 4 hour work week, the 5 love languages and extreme ownership.

they have opened up my eyes and mind to new schools of thought and improvements.

you are up.

The best & most worthwhile investments I have made in my life have been keeping close to my heart those ideas, and ideals that I was taught, and learned as a very young person, growing up in Louisiana.
These are truths based in sociology, and demonstrating goodwill toward others. These concepts have nothing to do with financial gain.
Being true to yourself, the ole 'golden rule,' treating others with respect, even if you disagree with them, concepts like that will offer one much more than financial gain, in the short term, and in the long run.
Everything else is just tiddlywinks.

Time. I learned to invest my time more wisely. You will never get it back, and once those kids are grown, that period of life is over, too. For all those younger dudes out there reading this, it goes really fucking quickly. Don't take a minute of your day for granted (or granite).

Investing in Dividend paying ETF's long term instead of self picked stocks!

Time. I learned to invest my time more wisely. You will never get it back, and once those kids are grown, that period of life is over, too. For all those younger dudes out there reading this, it goes really fucking quickly. Don't take a minute of your day for granted (or granite).
I hear this a lot and I do my best not too!

To borrow a line from @kann, You will never get it back, and once those kids are grown, that period of life is over, too. Our investments were vacations. It began in 1988 and continued thru 2012.

I don't want to be a FOG here, but suffice it to say we did Italy, France, Austria, Germany, Ireland, France, England, British Columbia, Alaska and the Caribbean in grand fashion over twenty years.

The investment is for us, worthwhile memories.