• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada #9 Toro

Nicklor

Teh Beer N' Gar Connoisseur ...
Liga Privada #9 6 x 52 Toro
A tall, dark and handsome fellow

Upon lightning – Mmm, toasty rich notes greet my palate, a cashew/pistachio like nutty embodiment lingers. And the aroma, oh god, the aroma.

The cigar got better as I progressed, and it crackled as I smoked it also, either its imbued with “Rice Krispies” sound effects, or that's the ligero burning hot to please each one of my five senses(or 57 states :sign: ). The reviews I've read about this cigar first had me wondering how good can this actually be, I was hoping it wouldn't be another “infused” cigar, considering it's previous brethren have been Acid, Natural, Ambrosia, Java, and Kahlua. My friends, I have been wrong ... dead wrong! A constant, even burn, with an excellent draw throughout the first 3rd confirms my ignorance and what I now know, this is a very special stick I hold in my hand. This cigar was gifted to me by fellow 'gar connoisseur Sam(in2xshp)

A touch of sweetness at the finish; just a hint and not too overpowering/overwhelming. I would recommend pairing this cigar up after a wholesome meal with either a Nut Brown such as Newcastle, Sam Smith's or Season's Best, which came in Saranac's 12 Beers of Winter pack this year or even a Witbier, such as Hoegaarden, Sam Adam's White Ale, or even your classic Blue Moon.

All of you that have been hesitant to try this cigar fear not, you will not be disappointed. The only downside may be the difficulty of availability, for I was unable to find it here locally, but with all the great people here on CP, I'm sure a BOTL wouldn't mind finding you this “precious gem”.

Special thanks again to Sam!

Nick

Edit - Added picture

Nice review!

The crackling was the beetles Drew Estates "infuses" these with.

Great review on the Liga. This was the original size to debut, and I've been hooked on them ever since.

The crackling was the beetles Drew Estates "infuses" these with.

Shh, don't say that, you better get a patent on that ASAP before DE steals your idea ... :laugh:

Smoked my first one last night. Now I'm searching for some...very nice stick indeed

This cigar has made it possible to say cigar and Drew Estates in the same sentence without wincing.

Great review and I'm glad you enjoyed it. There are two other sizes that I know of I found the Torp but haven't smoked it yet, It is a little longer than the one you smoked. These have always been a great smoke every time I lit one.

Sam

edit to add:

Were you cleaning your palate with the left over candy?? :laugh: