• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada No. 9

Yeah this is a cigar that is powerful....great after a steak. Or for me, a breakfast cigar. :)

Yeah this is a cigar that is powerful....great after a steak. Or for me, a breakfast cigar. :)

A hell of a first cigar for the day with a double espresso! :thumbs:

I got lucky enough to take part in a tasting hosted by Steve Saka a bit back. He sent 2 my way. Here is the review I posted over at CW:

I tried the cigar yesterday - here's my review:

Liga Privada #9

1=TERRIBLE 2=SUBPAR 3=AVERAGE 4=GREAT 5=AMAZING
Appearance: 4
Taste: 4
Draw: 5
Ash: 2
Smoke: 5
Overall Experience: 4
TOTAL SCORE: 24 (of 30)

This is a gorgeous maduro-looking cigar with a beautiful band. The size was perfect, and I am guessing it was a 50x6 churchill. I'm so glad it wasn't too big a ring gauge! Nice thick wrapper with a lot of tooth to it, but not rough at all. Beautifully rolled.

Prelight draw: I used a straight cut. The draw was perfect. The taste was nice and leathery, without being too strong.

Smoke: This was one of the best parts about the cigar. Tons of thick, languid smoke. The draw definitely helped, but the smoke was nice and thick, very flavorful.

Ash: This was one of the only bad parts of the cigar. The ash was pretty brittle and fell apart easily, thus making a bit of a mess if you weren't watching closely. I fixed it by brushing the ash off more often. There's something to be said when the only bad part of a cigar was the ash!

Taste: The taste started out wonderfully. Lots of leather, with backgrounds of coffee. It was a nice, chewy cigar that tasted wonderful. It was a good middle ground between medium and maduro cigars. The first half was a wonderful cigar.

The second half started to die off a bit. There wasn't a lot of complexity to the cigar, so it didn't change a lot toward the end. I won't say the cigar got boring because it tasted great from beginning to end - just don't expect it to get much more complex toward the end. For me though I don't mind a cigar that is one-dimensional if that dimension tastes great. This is one of those cigars.

Overall Experience: Overall I was very glad to try this cigar. I've been a Drew Estate fan for a while, but have been away for a bit. This cigar would be the one to bring me back. It tasted great from beginning to end (although a robusto would probably hold my attention a bit more than a churchill), and the construction was perfect. I had to touch it up once, and even that didn't really need it. It was just my OCD. Laughing The draw was PERFECT, and not once was it too tight or too loose.

I'm not sure of the price range it's going to sell for, but if it sold for under $10 per stick I'd pick them up for sure, and if they were closer to $5 I'd buy them by the box!

Anyone know who carries these???? I had my first this weekend, and I hate to say it about a manufacture who destroys tobacco as fast as White owl and Phillie Blunts combined,....lol..... but they are AMAZINGl..

Anyone know who carries these? ??? I had my first this weekend, and I hate to say it about a manufacture who destroys tobacco as fast as White owl and Phillie Blunts combined,....lol..... but they are AMAZINGl..

There is a local B&M (Two Brothers) in Plano, TX, a suburb of Dallas that carries them for around $10 a stick - my discount. You want I should pick up some for youz? I'll be there tomorrow night.

Uptown Isy offered me a nice deal, but as a NY resident I woudl get hammered on taxes.....anyone outside NY up for a box split???

Rebel, I willlet you know as soon as I get a response on the above, thanks for watching out for a brother though!

Somebody had these advertised of course I was just a little curious! You just never know!

Sounds pretty good!

I'm going to put in another shameless plug for these! Man these cigars rock, the first one I smoked knocked me on my ass and STILL want to smoke the next one I have.

Great all around, I found no problems with it at all!

The one I smoked just didn't do it for me. It was pretty bland and didn't really have much of a punch or flavor that I'm used to with darker cigars like a Maduro. Maybe I just got a dud and need to try it out again. I sent the other one I bought to MadMidget so maybe he got the better one.