• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighter flame preference?

nosajwp

Do you guys prefer a blue torch type or traditional flame type? For me, it's harder to get an even burn started with the torch for some reason.

Lets play nice Tre. LOL
There are other threads that have discussed this issue if you want more insite.
I prefer the flame from a match first. Second a butane flint light. I only use the tourch on my lawn mowing smokes. Tourches are just harsh on smokes to me. I like the even touch of a true flame and the rotating of the cigar. It is all in what you enjoy.
I hope this helps. :cool:
DarrenR

Every cigar I have smoke (not very many), they have been lit with my zippo. There is a slight hint of fluid momentarily, I am "upgrading" to a torch in the near future to see if it is better.

I have recently begun using a torch, as opposed to stick matches or flame. I just find it easier to light the foot completely even with a heavy breeze.

Colibri Triple flame, and then wood matches as my second choice.

Bill

Torch for the most part, but a nice match every once in a while works.

Similar to xRanger for me, however, I don't have the bread for one of those nice Colibri's lol.

But my $5 torch does the job.

I was a match guy for a long time. Then i picked up a xikar torch and it is so much easier, especially outside. I am hooked on the torch.

I use them all depending...

Outside - Torch & Megapump
Inside - Soft flame & Matches

~Mark

Soft flame from my Old Boy inside and then a torch from some future torch lighter that I don't have yet.

I'll use what's around but generally I light a "softer" flame, like a bic or even a zippo. The torch has it's place (like in a gail) but it's usually to hot for an even light.

I use the Blazer MicroTorch and have for almost 10 years.

If you find you're scorching the foot with the flame you're putting the flame ON the tobacco and that's not a good thing to do. Keep the tip of the flame just off the foot and move it briskly around the entire foot. Sometimes it helps to rotate the cigar around.

Once you get a bit of a char started, start drawing, again, with the flame away from the foot. Once you get a few licks of yellow flame, then check the foot for slow spots (they'll appear dark against the gray ash) and blow on them with your breath to get them stoked. Give them a lick of flame if necessary.

Viola!

Wilkey

Triple flame Colibri torch for me. I like the ritual of lighting with wood, but often the environment isn't conducive. The great thing about the triple torch is that it allows me to light without much of a puff. That means, for me at-least, I don't spoil the taste of a good one.

Since I’m a purist at heart , I’ve decided to use flint and steel. :0 I search the local forests for mouse nests and other suitable tinder , wrap it all up it birch bark and then strike a spark with a piece of flint and an old piece of file. Blowing vigorously on the spark I get it to burst into flame, then gently light my cigar. :cool: I find this to be the least intrusive way of lighting my cigar and I’m sure my native American friends would approve. :thumbs: I’ve also found this method cuts down on my smoking, something my MD would approve of. ;)

Doc.