• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighting your smokes

I have a Blazer Little Buddy, a Xikar NXT, a $4 Ronson Torch, a soft flame butane LighterMate and wooden matches.

Because I smoke indoors most of the time, I use either matches or the LighterMate for my stoogies.
But on the golf course, I use the Ronson, because it's a torch and I could care less if I lose it.
If I'm smoking outside, I use either the Xikar or Blazer.

I have a lighting technique/plan for every situation.

I'm the first poster that just uses a regular lighter? Really? Hmmmm. I use a Djeep. $1.99

Djeeps work great, even on a golf course because I only golf in nice weather. If a hurricane is coming, I'll still be smoking, but I wont be golfing.

I always prefer a regular flame for the initial lighting ritual but I do have a cheap torch for times when they go out when they're short though. Much easier to relight a short stick by just torching it real quick away from your face than burning your nose relighting with a flame.

I came across a neat technique from a person called "The Three Match Method". It is also on YouTube. It requires three matches. One to help toast the cigar before cutting the head and the other two matches to light it. Interesting. It took me a few tries to not burn it completely.

I came across a neat technique from a person called "The Three Match Method". It is also on YouTube. It requires three matches. One to help toast the cigar before cutting the head and the other two matches to light it. Interesting. It took me a few tries to not burn it completely.

Just looked it up. Interesting

With me there are a lot of factors that play in when I'm lighting up. Where when ring gauge ect ect... If I'm inside and I have good matches its always nice to use them, I also like using a soft butane flame. Obviously outdoors and while I'm driving I will go with a torch. My favorite lighter is my colibri model 8270 it's a very nice looking lighter. Flint soft flame and has a little button on the side that makes its a single torch. Best of both worlds for me. Aside from that lighter I usually go with ST DuPont and Xikar. Xikar is more affordable and they also have a lifetime warranty as many have previously said which will really come in handy with torches, at least with me I am constantly having issues with torches. Check out cigarbid they always have great deals on lighters and cutters for that matter.

So you're saying The Three Match Method uses three matches?

Yea. YouTube it. You could also use like one fireplace match as well. I could not find the larger matches here so that's what I did.

Yea. YouTube it. You could also use like one fireplace match as well. I could not find the larger matches here so that's what I did.

He's busting your balls... Lol

However I googled it and it is a cool concept. The dude in the video is a little strange but some probably say the same about my reviews. Lol I will give this a shot soon.

However I googled it and it is a cool concept. The dude in the video is a little strange but all say the same about my reviews. Lol I will give this a shot soon.

Fix'd

However I googled it and it is a cool concept. The dude in the video is a little strange but some probably say the same about my reviews. Lol I will give this a shot soon.

Hah aw shit. Yea it did work pretty well with the one I have used it on. I just got a new colibri lighter though its pretty sweet.

Naw Paul you seem to be doing good with your reviews man.

UmpOi.gif

I prefer cedar strips but realistically use a Rocky Patel branded triple flame something marother that my wife got me a few years ago most of the time (http://store.rockypatel.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_38&product_id=65) I keep it dialed back as I prefer a gentler flame than the blowtorch that it is made to produce. I also have a zippo with single flame z plus insert that I always keep nearby just in case an active touch up is necessary.

Xikar Trezo (Just got it back from them for it's annual cleaning, now good as new)
545t.jpg

Xikar Element (Back up lighter but it's nice as it has a 9mm punch)
550b.jpg

Xikar Pipeline (Love the built in tamper)
595k.jpg

I use either a torch or soft flame. But I always keep a couple boxes of stick matches around. Just in case the lighter craps out.

Mark

I use either my ST Dupont or my old pipe lighter soft flame. I've been interested to try the commonwealth cedar spills.

Blazer works better than the Xikar, but then there is Doc, still trying to get his first cigar lit. I'd pay big bucks to see you get that log lit.

wkoti said:
I have a Blazer Little Buddy, a Xikar NXT, a $4 Ronson Torch, a soft flame butane LighterMate and wooden matches.

Because I smoke indoors most of the time, I use either matches or the LighterMate for my stoogies.
But on the golf course, I use the Ronson, because it's a torch and I could care less if I lose it.
If I'm smoking outside, I use either the Xikar or Blazer.

I have a lighting technique/plan for every situation.
But CJ, is you can't remember pork loins, how do you remember with ignition system to use???