• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lights out for a while

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Well, I can't stall in any longer......the movers will be here any minute and I'm about to pull the plug on the computer (last hardware left standing.....:p ).

Might be gone for a day or two, getting set up in the new temporary location, but I'll be back.....you guys aren't getting rid of me that easily....!!

See you guys soon - B.B.S.

See you in a half hour. :laugh:

:laugh: I can see Tom at the local library, hands shaking while handing the library card to the lady at the desk, "Ccmputer...where's a computer!"

:D Get back soon as ya can Tom!

Hope you, the family, and your sticks make the trip safe BBS. Enjoy the new place!

Good luck with the move Tom. Keep a close eye on the movers handling your humi. :p

Wait for it, BBS can't stay away from here for long. Good luck with the move, best wishes for a quick return!!!

WKOTI

Good luck with the move Tom. The waiting for the new house will be worth it in the end. :thumbs:

Since you got the time, get a fuggin' haircut. Hell, I'll pay for it.

Doc.

I can see Tom wardriving around with his laptop trying to get online tonight.

Hope your back on soon Tom and you have a good move. We have a scheduled closing on our new house as well next Monday, hopefully we'll be in it by the middle of September....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

While I was in MO, for some training, the Army was providing my lodging and it came with internet....well the Army had deemed a few of the gaming servers off limits, and I was crushed
Ended up going to a McDonald's about 30 min away that had free wifi

Long story short....Get yourself to a Fast Food joint and get back online.....

nothing says desperate like driveing in a snowstorm to play your favorite MMORPG

t

Good luck with the move, Tom.

How about some pics when you get the time.

Regards,
Lou

OK you fuggers, I'm back. Miss me at all...??....:p

Sweet god in heaven, moving SUCKS...!! Only had to get one more storage unit (four total) to fit all our stuff. How two people and five little dogs can accumulate so much "stuff" in thirteen years just blows my mind. My dear wife have pretty much everything packed, and it still took three guys busting butt almost eight hours to get everything moved out of the now old house. Final clean up today, as well as canceling the remaining utility services. Whew....got most of our stuff over to the friends place where we'll be camping for a while. I did take the time for a nicely aged Tat and to get the PC's set up. Funny how that goes; I can live wihtout a TV, but got to have the PC's up and running...!!

The trusty Staebell is chilling down, should put the gars back in tomorrow or maybe this weekend. I double bagged the treasure and put it and the socks of beads in boxes. Ambient RH has been running 58-ish so I think I'm cool for a couple of days.

Since you got the time, get a fuggin' haircut. Hell, I'll pay for it.

Doc.
Not a chance, Doc. Hell, if we didn't have at least one long hair around here to pick on, I think you'd be bored to tears.....;) That and I'm having a hard time with the "...got the time..." part. It's been five days of non stop fun and games, to be sure.

Good luck with the move, Tom.

How about some pics when you get the time.

Regards,
Lou
Well....right now the new place is a nice corner lot with weeds growing on it, so it's not much to look at.....:p They should be pushing dirt next week, permits expected to be in hand the week after. Our builder has a pretty solid record of pulling these off in about six months, so we'll see if he can hit it out of the park one more time.

Thanks for the nice wishes, guys....the adventure "phase one" is pretty much in the can at this point.

Cheers, brothers - B.B.S.

Moving does suck. About the only thing good about it is that its an opportunity to make tons of trips to the dump to get rid of all the crap that has been accumulating. If I haven't used it in year or two, and haven't missed it - its gone. To me there is always something liberating about that.

Glad the temp move is going well, and best wishes on the new place!

BBS- sorry you're having the "experience" of moving....

I must be a masochist/sadist as I have moved 9 times so far with the military and I'm getting to where I look forward to the next "adventure"....

Hope all goes well and that good lookin humi of yours handles it well... I have a temp storage area here in my domicile if you need help? :eek:)

Cheers,

R

BBS- sorry you're having the "experience" of moving....

I must be a masochist/sadist as I have moved 9 times so far with the military and I'm getting to where I look forward to the next "adventure"....

Hope all goes well and that good lookin humi of yours handles it well... I have a temp storage area here in my domicile if you need help? :eek:)

Cheers,

R

It's a little different when in the military and not such a feat to move. You tend to not collect as many possessions and junk compared to civilians who settle in the same house for ten or so years.