• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Like I really needed another expensive hobby...

I am most interested in what you all are saying about imparting a bad flavor by smoking certain blends in a pipe. Is it bad to smoke Aromatic's and non Aromatic's in the same pipe?

Generally, aromatics will impart a flavor that lingers in a briarwood pipe until it is cleaned with a 'sweetener'. These flavors can affect the flavor of other tobaccos smoked in the same pipe, which is why many pipe smokers will have a collection of pipes for different aromatics and latakia blends, which have a strong flavor all their own.

So if your Danish Mild tastes like Christmas Cookie after you've tried a few rounds, you'll know why. :)

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look into this.

so, what's your missus say about the pipe smoke?

She commented on how she prefers the pipe smoke to cigars. I was smoking an aromatic so I expected that reaction. Get a pipe and head over for a bowl papa smurf!

Nice looking pipe Jonas! My wife commented the same way. She'll now sit outside with me and talk while I "try" and look like I know what I'm doing.

Still a work in progress for sure. Not as easy as cutting, lighting and puffing away on a cigar.

so, what's your missus say about the pipe smoke?

She commented on how she prefers the pipe smoke to cigars. I was smoking an aromatic so I expected that reaction. Get a pipe and head over for a bowl papa smurf!

Nice looking pipe Jonas! My wife commented the same way. She'll now sit outside with me and talk while I "try" and look like I know what I'm doing.

Still a work in progress for sure. Not as easy as cutting, lighting and puffing away on a cigar.

Agreed, much more work than smoking a cigar but once its going it is somehow much more relaxing. Not sure why.

Dan, I snagged one of those cheap Bentley lighters over lunch today. For under 10$ it seems like a pretty decent lighter, thanks.