• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Limited Release Cigars? Where? local B&M? or Online?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
This is a stupid question.... and I know that, but here goes.........

Recently one of the fine BOTL's here sent me a limited release stick.. In this instance it was a Tatuaje. I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area - which is a major metropolitan city (well - cities) with many cigar shops to choose from. With the exception of the occasional Fuente Anejo, Fuente between the lines sightings, TO MY KNOWLEDGE I don't see many limited release cigars I always read about online. Is it just luck of the draw when you find them? do these cigars actually make it to local B&M store's across the USA??? Or are they more restricted for release only to the bigger cities like NYC, LA, CHI?

I've talked with some of the the owners and most of the time they don't even have a clue about the cigar's I'm talking about... They're usually like "I've never heard of that?" :blush:

Tatuaje makes LE's? :whistling:

limited editions might have been the wrong term, hard to find might be better suited. Like I've read about M80's (as an example), Anarchy (as another example)

Tatuaje makes alot of one store L.E.
Also the online club saints and sinners. I believe thats where the Anarchry came from

Don

Anarchy is a one-store blend - and pretty good. Still available at Smoke Inn.

http://www.smokeinn.com/eshop/tatuaje-anarchy.html

John

Anarchy was released by the Smoke Inn and are still available(and good). I quit chasing most special releases because more often than not they weren't with the effort. By that I mean the regular lines were just as good IMHO. But there are a few I still look for from time to time.

Tatuaje makes alot of one store L.E.
Also the online club saints and sinners. I believe thats where the Anarchry came from

Don

Yea...pretty much what Don said.

Any B&M can contact their vendor and ask for one to be made.

LE's tend to be a specific release thru the manufacturer. In some cases they can choose the stores that will get them.

What sticks are you looking for? We do have a MAW and MAWPIF. We coverall 50 states and depending on the stick, can usually get them.

I can think of two B&Ms in the DFW area that probably get the special releases. That being said, on extremely limited stuff, Joe off the street is never going to see them. In many ways, cigars are a back alley sort of thing. You have to develop a relationship with your dealer.

Well I have to admit, I didn't think it was on a store-by-store basis.. very interesting.

I have yet to smoke the cigar in question, so I can't comment on its taste (yet). I'll admit most of the overpriced / hard to find sticks usually don't have enough difference to me to make chasing them worth it. Not saying they're not worth it, but I have always felt I have a very limited palate.

MANY THANKS :thumbs:

Reported.

What are we reporting exactly?

I can think of two B&Ms in the DFW area that probably get the special releases. That being said, on extremely limited stuff, Joe off the street is never going to see them. In many ways, cigars are a back alley sort of thing. You have to develop a relationship with your dealer.
Which ones?

Reported.

Please quote what you are reporting when you do so. If there was a message here that was deleted, as T36 said there was in another thread, we'll never know.

If you're reporting this thread, well...I think it was a legitimate question by a member, not a spammer.

I was reporting a message by a spammer which has since been deleted. Rod has specifically asked us to not quote those posts as it makes for more work for him. Sorry for any confusion.

I was reporting a message by a spammer which has since been deleted. Rod has specifically asked us to not quote those posts as it makes for more work for him. Sorry for any confusion.

I must have missed that. It certainly makes things more confusing as to what is being "reported." ???

My apologies bro. :blush:

I must have missed that. It certainly makes things more confusing as to what is being "reported." ???

My apologies bro. :blush:
No worries. It is confusing to have random 'Reported' messages scattered about in perfectly fine threads.
Here's Rod's post on the subject: A note about spammers...

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Well I have to admit, I didn't think it was on a store-by-store basis.. very interesting.

I have yet to smoke the cigar in question, so I can't comment on its taste (yet). I'll admit most of the overpriced / hard to find sticks usually don't have enough difference to me to make chasing them worth it. Not saying they're not worth it, but I have always felt I have a very limited palate.

MANY THANKS :thumbs:

Reported.

What are we reporting exactly?

Which ones?

En Fuego and Tobacco Road last I was down that way. Check with Mowee or here

Tobacco road is about 15 minutes from my house... :D Mowee is a personal friend of mine, in fact I'll probably be seeing Frank later today, as there is a HERF later on in Dallas.... however my daughter has been in town for the last couple of days, and MAY OR MAY NOT leave today, so that's what is going to sway my "going to herf" decision today.

Many thanks for the info bro...

Tobacco road is about 15 minutes from my house... :D Mowee is a personal friend of mine, in fact I'll probably be seeing Frank later today, as there is a HERF later on in Dallas.... however my daughter has been in town for the last couple of days, and MAY OR MAY NOT leave today, so that's what is going to sway my "going to herf" decision today.

Many thanks for the info bro...
15 minutes! In DFW that's like right next door.

LOL.. yeah pretty close by... The other store is in Rockwall, about an hour+ away --- Too far for me. But thanks again for the info. BTW: I didn't make it to the HERF last night :( but I got to spend another day with my Daughter so that was a good thing.

Elite Cigar Cafe gets at least a box of all of the Tatuaje and Viaje releases...