• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor De-acquisitions

What do you call buying a set of 5 bottles for $500 ten years ago and selling them for $11,000 yesterday?

Wait don't answer it yet.

What do you call it when you do it twice?

Winning!
Congratulations!

No Midwinter's Night Dram at my first stop, but did find this. Might be able to get another bottle tomorrow. View attachment 61851
I got a bottle of Midwinter Night's Dram last year at a local shop. I think it was around $110.00. A couple of years ago it only cost about $80.00. I compared it side by side with the Rendezvous I had bought in the summer. The Midwinter is basically Rendezvous finished in Port barrels and yes it's slightly better by in my opinion, not worth the money (which is about double the Midwinter). I've been sticking to the Double Rye recently which is under $40.00 in my area. I used like like Blanton's when I could get it for around $40.00 about six years ago but I can't see paying the current going rate for it now which is okay since I'm much more of a rye fan than bourbon at this point.