• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Litto Gomez Small Batch #3

MASSmoke

I was lucky to get my hands on a few of these. I never had the chance to smoke a small batch #1 or #2 so I was looking forward to this stick. I believe the filler and binder are both from the 2004 crop.

Cigar Size: 6.5 X 54,

Wrapper: Sumatra Seed grown in the Dominican Republic

Filler: Dominican

Binder: Dominican

The Sumartra wrapper was nice and dark with some reddish hue to it. There was a nice oily sheen to the stick. The cigar was firm in hand with no soft spots. I gave it a v-cut and the pre-light draw was spot on. Picked up some hay and something like a plum taste on the pre-light draw(my palate is isn't very refined).

I put fire to it and it and took my first puff. It produces ample amounts of smoke that had a touch of pepper and a woody taste. When I exhaled through the nose it seemed alot more powerful. My experience was it was medium body and medium to full strength but when I exhaled through the nose it was very powerful.

Into the 2nd third I picked up a touch more of a peppery taste and it became more meaty. The burn was fantastic with a light to medium grey ash that held well. The oil sheen on the stick was even more pronounced at this point.

The last 3rd of the cigar the peppery spice really started to kick in and it became full strength. I was also picking up a citrus type of flavor that was pleasant. The last 3rd of this cigar the oils on the wrapper increased even more.

Final thoughts. It was a excellent to outstanding stick. I have never tried the small batch 1 or 2 so I have nothing to compare it with. At a MSRP of $16 a stick it is pricey. With that being said it was one of the better cigars in that price range. I will visit this cigar again next year.

Thanks for the review. Litto makes some excellent cigars and I'm thinking of getting the big 105-count cab of this if I find a couple to sample first.

Just to note, your measurements are just a hair off. It should be 6 3/4 x 52.

Thanks for the review. Litto makes some excellent cigars and I'm thinking of getting the big 105-count cab of this if I find a couple to sample first.

Oops copied the measurements off of a website. :laugh: If you want I can send you one to sample. Shoot me a PM with your shipping information.

There's a cigar that you don't have??? :laugh:

I don't have any cigars with fake cello that taste like granola smoothies, does that count?

:p

I'll bet I know where you can get some. Want me to put you in touch with a guy? :whistling:

Not that this means anything, but CA just gave the SB3 luke warm reviews in the last issue. These look delicious. Any word on how they stack up compared to the 1st and 2nd release?

I just had one of these over the weekend. I think your review was spot on. I also have not had the chance to try the #1 or #2, but these were an altogether enjoyable smoke and plan to stash a few away and see how they age.

I smoked one ROTT.
Very nice but not as good as the SB #1.
Perhaps with some time more complexity will develop.
But all in all it was satisfying and delicious!
Also there were no burn issues that I experienced with the #1.

-Rob

I had one of these yesterday and offer my impressions -- and I have not smoked the 1 or 2 so no frame of reference for comparison.

Picked up some fruity/spicy notes preflight. For the first inch or so, I was not impressed. It tasted sort of like a hybrid of the LFD oscuro and the salamon -- not bad, but not what I expected in complexity. Where it really turned nice was in the middle, which was richer, meatier and fuller in body with an interplay of woody, spicy and fruity taste notes -- sort of a return of the stuff I picked up preflight but now coming and going in succession. Sort of stayed that way until the last maybe 2 inches, when it started to taste a little charry as well. I often find this in the final bit of a cigar and seldom nub my smokes because I find the charred taste unpleasant.

Overall, I'd say it's well worth the ride. You'll know it's a Litto, but it also offers its own smoking experience.