• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

London Cigar Shops

Schwiering

Reading more, posting less
I will be in London next month for a week. I can't say that I will be buying anything, but I would like to just stop by and see what it is like at a nice cigar shop that is stocked with all kinds of cubans, young and old hopefully. I have read, at times, that JJ Fox and Davidoff are nice but there are several JJ Fox stores and I assume that there is also more than one Davidoff store. For those of you that have been, please tell me where you think I should see. I am really looking for a "must see" kind of store with a large and varied stock of cigars, not the one with the best prices or anything like that. Thanks.

The Dunhill store is worth a visit but only as a window shopper.
You don't want to buy cigars in the UK, their taxes are outrageous.
You will pay more in GBP than what they cost in Dollars, so more than double.

Brian

Do a search, this has been discussed before. Tons of info out there, enjoy your trip.

I know it has to have been discussed before as I know I have read stuff about it before, but a general "london" search turned up what appeared to be 1 thread about this topic in the last 14 months, and it was all of 3 posts. I was hoping for more info than that. Perhaps I need to learn to search better, but that is what I found before I posted.

Call ((+44) 0207 372 1865) up or e-mail Mitchell at CGARSLTD. He'll give you lots of advice as to smoking places and stores.

The Dunhill store is worth a visit but only as a window shopper.
You don't want to buy cigars in the UK, their taxes are outrageous.
You will pay more in GBP than what they cost in Dollars, so more than double.

Brian

He's right! Unless you do not mind shelling out a few bucks for some good cigars. Right now the Exchange rate is floating around 1.95 (pound) for each 1.00 (dollar).
Go see Desmond Sautter if you want to get/ see some seriously aged Havanas, he's a nice old gent.

Tip: Go on yahoo UK/ Ireland home page and type in that name and I believe you should get some hits on that with directions to his shop.
Have fun my wife is going there on the 28th to visit her family. Wished I could go but, work got in the way.

My opinion on this is if you are going to London, you can buy "aged" cigars to smoke while you are there. If you are buying current cigars this is not were you get value for your money.

If you go to JJ Fox you have the opportunity to see, buy and smoke Davidoff's, Dunhills and other marques that are getting harder to find.

Enjoy your trip!! Let us know if you find any interesting cigars or places to enjoy them. :cool:

I put this together after a trip to London in spring of 2006.

A = G. Smith and Sons – 74 Charing Cross Road

B = Sautters of Mayfair – 106 Mount Street
This one might be a little further to the right than the pointer but that is pretty close.

C = La Casa Del Habano – 100 Wardour Street

D = James J. Fox – 19 St. James Street - http://www.jjfox.co.uk/static/

Davidoff is the the corner of Jermyn and St. James a little above the D. Dunhill is somewhere on Jermyn. I didn't actually go into either of them so they didn't make my map.

londonmaptp0.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys. If I find something interesting I will let you all know.