• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Long Island, NY Herf at Havana Dreams - Sat. March 3, 2007 1:00pm

Hey Guys

An update on my end

I was let go by Maxwell and Dunn'es on Saturday 20. Even though during my brief tenure there I had increased year to date and wine and cigar sales by 130% and 170% respectively, I was told that business is slow and I was laid off. Needless to say I am looking for a new job.

I will not be attending the HERF this weekend but I am hoping to be able to get to the one that is near West Point next month. SLevy007 stopped in this past Saturday and he and I were actually burning one when the axed dropped - talked about FU**ED up!

Sorry to miss you guys, especially when it is in my own backyard, but I think it would be too damn awkward to go there so soon. I am sure I will go back but it probably won't be for awhile.

Thanks to all of you for the support and kind words you had for me while I was there. And, talk about ironic - Maxwell and Dunne's finally made Cigar Aficianado magazine (picture on the second to last page) and then they boot me. They also dropped the magazine subscription in the lounge. Go figure

I am sure we'll talk soon

Thanks,

Ben

Hey Guys

An update on my end

I was let go by Maxwell and Dunn'es on Saturday 20. Even though during my brief tenure there I had increased year to date and wine and cigar sales by 130% and 170% respectively, I was told that business is slow and I was laid off. Needless to say I am looking for a new job.

I will not be attending the HERF this weekend but I am hoping to be able to get to the one that is near West Point next month. SLevy007 stopped in this past Saturday and he and I were actually burning one when the axed dropped - talked about FU**ED up!

Sorry to miss you guys, especially when it is in my own backyard, but I think it would be too damn awkward to go there so soon. I am sure I will go back but it probably won't be for awhile.

Thanks to all of you for the support and kind words you had for me while I was there. And, talk about ironic - Maxwell and Dunne's finally made Cigar Aficianado magazine (picture on the second to last page) and then they boot me. They also dropped the magazine subscription in the lounge. Go figure

Thanks,

Ben

Ben, I am very sorry to hear this. You have to believe that something better will come. This herf is 5 weeks away not this weekend so you have time to decide if you would like to attend.

Hey Guys

An update on my end

Thanks,

Ben

Ben, I am very sorry to hear this. You have to believe that something better will come. This herf is 5 weeks away not this weekend so you have time to decide if you would like to attend.

X2

Ben,

That really SUCKS the big one. I'm sure that some thing better will be coming your way.

Well, I'm lookin' at my schedule and I'm flying down to Ft. Hood, Texas the 25th of February. I'll be spending roughly 3 days there and then driving a vehicle back up here to NY which should take up no more than three days, I might be able to make it to the Herf still. Please add me to your list as a (tentative) yes and as I know more from my trip, I'll call you Scott as to where I am on my route North. Also, it would be great to see Devin again as the last time we herfed was in Richmond 2003........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Louie

thanks fo rhte support, I appreciate it. I would suggest finding another venue in the future. I know this one is loked but down the road, just out of solidaraty, go to another place

Louie

thanks fo rhte support, I appreciate it. I would suggest finding another venue in the future. I know this one is loked but down the road, just out of solidaraty, go to another place

Ben,
I don't know of any other place here on Long Island that can hold 30+ people comfortably with food and drinks. If you can think of any, PM me we can do it at another place in the future. I am committed to this place for this herf as I have vendor donations coming in.

Scott

I know of the committment, no problem wth this one. I may be working on something and someplace that will accomodate a group of 30. The only issue is that therre may be a fee involved to use the room, maybe in the area of $25 per person. As soon as details are worked out I will let you know

Quick question - does the group want a place where they can purchase food/beverages or one that will allow to BYOB?

Louie

Ben,
I don't know of any other place here on Long Island that can hold 30+ people comfortably with food and drinks. If you can think of any, PM me we can do it at another place in the future. I am committed to this place for this herf as I have vendor donations coming in.

Scott, thank you my friend.

Charlie, it's been way too long brother!

Tommy, it will be nice to meet you also.

:)

Due to an outside influence aka the wife. :rolleyes: I had to step out of the Quad State Herf.

I put my foot down(I think) and told her I'll not miss this one. Count me in with two friends. :thumbs: