• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Long Island, NY Herf at Havana Dreams - Sat. March 3, 2007 1:00pm

Talk about stupid !!!!! Not only do they turn away people who bring business they also turn away all the future business they might have had from us as well as our referrals. Oh well with the way they went lower on their cigar inventory I would not be surprised if they decided to close the cigar lounge all together in the future.

That Margiotta place looks pretty neat. Can it fit 25-30 people? Slider sorry about your job I am in the same situation myself ... oih well

Common fellas let's find a way and HERF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said.... there are two empty adjacent apartments we can use. If we just want a space with heat and fridge to herf in, there you go...

Steve

I suggest you take the not only the HERF but your business somewhere else. The only other place that I know in the area (Massapequa) that can accommodate a group of this size is Margiotta's Cigars in Massapequa. The owner (Joe?) just called me on Monday - talk about irony. Here is their link - http://www.licigars.com/. They have a back room that can hold 30-40 people plus a very small front area that seats 5 people or so. A very nice selection of cigars and accessories as well. They do not serve food per se but their is a pizzeria and deli across the street. Plenty of parking and a very nice place to hang out. Nice big chairs, sofas, big screen televisions, etc. plus beer! Give them a call and see what they say. The other place is Stogies and Tales in Farmingdale. Here is their link http://www.stogiesandtails.com/ - but 30 people would be a bit tight. I would call to confirm for both places. Please be sure that you mention my name at both. If you need me to reach out to them just let me know and I will call them today.

What a bunch of morons at M&D's. That is all I can say about them.

As for Margiotta's? They are kind of small for a HERF. Just a small back room. I think it would only fit 10-15 or so. Don't forget all the smoke we would produce. Plus Joe would want everyone to buy cigars. Not that I wouldn't buy them. I shop there often. We would have to bring in food and drinks. Still a nice place, just not big enough.

I've never seen the smoking area at Stogies and Tails, but it would probably be the same as Margiotta's.

Now Steve's Apartments would be cool if we could get some good seating in there. Also, from being at a HERF in Scott's backyard in the summer? I can tell you there is no better way to spend the day. :thumbs:

I suggest you take the not only the HERF but your business somewhere else. The only other place that I know in the area (Massapequa) that can accommodate a group of this size is Margiotta's Cigars in Massapequa. The owner (Joe?) just called me on Monday - talk about irony. Here is their link - http://www.licigars.com/. They have a back room that can hold 30-40 people plus a very small front area that seats 5 people or so. A very nice selection of cigars and accessories as well. They do not serve food per se but their is a pizzeria and deli across the street. Plenty of parking and a very nice place to hang out. Nice big chairs, sofas, big screen televisions, etc. plus beer! Give them a call and see what they say. The other place is Stogies and Tales in Farmingdale. Here is their link http://www.stogiesandtails.com/ - but 30 people would be a bit tight. I would call to confirm for both places. Please be sure that you mention my name at both. If you need me to reach out to them just let me know and I will call them today.

What a bunch of morons at M&D's. That is all I can say about them.

As for Margiotta's? They are kind of small for a HERF. Just a small back room. I think it would only fit 10-15 or so. Don't forget all the smoke we would produce. Plus Joe would want everyone to buy cigars. Not that I wouldn't buy them. I shop there often. We would have to bring in food and drinks. Still a nice place, just not big enough.

I've never seen the smoking area at Stogies and Tails, but it would probably be the same as Margiotta's.

Now Steve's Apartments would be cool if we could get some good seating in there. Also, from being at a HERF in Scott's backyard in the summer? I can tell you there is no better way to spend the day. :thumbs:

I mean I have chairs. I might have to borrow out some more chairs. But it's all do-able. I mean if it's not that cold out that day, we might be able to BBQ.
Just depends on if we want to wait until June for this, assuming we can't find somewhereelse.

Steve

...we might be able to BBQ.

fire.jpg

That is some forkin funny chit!!! :laugh:

Guys I think I just might have found a solution to our problems, check this out

http://smokesignals.biz/shopsite_sc/store/html/page1.html

More than enough space and $5 entry fee is no biggie. Perhaps someone who lives in the area can stop by and ask if we can get a special deal for the event I think they have a steakhouse next door they have connections with.

That place is WAY out there. Been there once, nice place. Thirty people inside is cutting it close. Comfortable, but you don't want to go much over that.

That place is WAY out there. Been there once, nice place. Thirty people inside is cutting it close. Comfortable, but you don't want to go much over that.

there are only 35 if I counted correctly on the first page. And Port jefferson is really the same distance as Churchills for almost everyone coming into Long Island

I heard about htis place, supposed to be very nice.

I would go this place if that is what you want to do - just let me know

there are only 35 if I counted correctly on the first page. And Port jefferson is really the same distance as Churchills for almost everyone coming into Long Island

Isn't Churchills in Plainview? Port Jeff is about a half hour east of there.

Also looks interesting. I think the idea is there are places we can go instead of Churchills and there are enough people who are willing to do it, so how about Scott makes the executive decision as to the replacement place and we go there instead.

July BBQ is awesome but too far away No reason for those asshats at Churchills to spoil our fun for now :thumbs:

Using the LIE or the Northern State, Port Jeff is at least 30 minutes further. Using the southern state even more, because Port Jeff is on the North shore. Your talking exit 49 on the LIE versus exit 66

Steve

edited for minutes....

Using the LIE or the Northern State, Port Jeff is at least 300 minutes further. Using the southern state even more, because Port Jeff is on the North shore. Your talking exit 49 on the LIE versus exit 66

Steve

Maybe not that long. :laugh: It is off the beaten path though.

Also looks interesting. I think the idea is there are places we can go instead of Churchills and there are enough people who are willing to do it, so how about Scott makes the executive decision as to the replacement place and we go there instead.

July BBQ is awesome but too far away No reason for those asshats at Churchills to spoil our fun for now :thumbs:

I totally forgot about havana dreams. That's a great alternative. Might be better than Churchill's all around, except parking can be a little bit of a bitch. It's on a main blvd.

Steve

Using the LIE or the Northern State, Port Jeff is at least 300 minutes further. Using the southern state even more, because Port Jeff is on the North shore. Your talking exit 49 on the LIE versus exit 66

Steve
You walking? :sign:

Steve

Maybe not that long. :laugh: It is off the beaten path though.

:laugh: :laugh: Made the correction

Sorry to hear about Churchills. I had a good time there last summer. I hope you guys can find a good venue. I'm confident that you will.

Wilkey