• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Long range Thermo-Hygrometer

SFG75

Master-passer
Being one with a limited budget and priorities(why buy accessories when you can buy more stogies?) I finally gave in and bought myself a new digital thermometer-hygrometer!. :0 I went to Wal-Mart and saw the $15.00 deals that they had, but that just wasn't going to cut it for me. Went to Radio Shack(as I read one should do in previous threads of discussion here at the illustrious CP) and found this long range(300 ft) wireless digital thermo-hygrometer. It stores high and low readings in memory, has an alarm that goes off at pre-set high/low readings and can read up to two more receivers if I choose to get those. It also makes espresso and sends SPAM to one's employer. :D :thumbs: The drawback? It can't seductively light my cigar like my favorite cocktail waittress at the Lincoln cigar bar. :( :p :p Right randyb1?? ;) :p
oh well, nothing is perfect.

Nice! :thumbs: Have you calibrated it yet to see how even it is? And how's that square cooler holding up for you? I've been thinking about getting it ever since I saw it. :D

I got the same hygrometer back when the coupons were being listed. It's pretty nice. I have the main unit in my tupperdor and the remote sensor in my big humi. Now I can see the temp without opening. I love it. I need to get another remote sensor.

I have remote sensors in each of my coolidors and the base unit sits on my desk :thumbs:

Well Clifford, the "cube" by igloo is working like a charm. :thumbs: I've been able to maintain an excellent humidity of roughly 67-70%. As a matter of fact, it's over-heated a couple of times, that's how good the seal on this thing is! Fortunately for me, there is a spigott type thing that can be opened up to allow some air in. Since doing that, I've never had to worry about 70 plus readings.

Yes ricmac, I too love not opening the humidor, in what seems to be too often. Now my problem is not panicking when it rises or drops a degree or two. :p :( :D I also love the alarm thing which I have set at 71 and 59 percent respectively.

Fast4Dr-the desk is right where mine is too!, I walk by too often to see it though. I'm even worrying about it at work. Maybe if I can hook it up to the computer and I can receive live feed from it? ??? Just kidding. :sign:

SFG75 said:
Maybe if I can hook it up to the computer and I can receive live feed from it? ??? Just kidding. :sign:
All you need is a web cam :thumbs:

Fast4Dr said:
SFG75 said:
Maybe if I can hook it up to the computer and I can receive live feed from it? ??? Just kidding. :sign:
All you need is a web cam :thumbs:
Now THAT is a great idea! I've begun to find out that finding secondary monitors to hook up to the main one is kind of difficult. Oh well, out to shop now. :D

I was just wondering if i bought this unit, if it would read the cooler that i keep in the basement. While I keep the main sensor on the first floor?

MnRon said:
I was just wondering if i bought this unit, if it would read the cooler that i keep in the basement. While I keep the main sensor on the first floor?
As long as it isn't further than 300 feet, I think you would be in business. I've taken the main unit upstairs in my house, which is a respectable distance with no problems. Best of luck to you-be sure and let us nkow what you get, I like to see other people's goodies. :D :D :)

Those are great units. I have one myself and I keep my main Humi in the basment. I can get the readings from my office on the second floor.

jacknife said:
Thanks to you guys, I just spent another 50 bucks, works great though!
Good to hear!, I can't tell you how much I'm really happy with this thing. I have one of the receivers in my pass currently-nice to have an accurate temp-hygro in there. Why in the world I even trusted the old needle one, I'll never know. ???

There's the Base Station and the Remote Sensors. If I just get the REmote Sensor without the basestation, will it just work by itself? It seems like from the pictures it would, and the main base station is just to recieve signals from the sensors.

JonnyKu said:
There's the Base Station and the Remote Sensors. If I just get the REmote Sensor without the basestation, will it just work by itself? It seems like from the pictures it would, and the main base station is just to recieve signals from the sensors.
I have the remote sensor in my pass right now, yes, it works by itself. The base station also gives you a reading by itself-I have it in my coolidor while the sensor is out seeing parts of the country that I never will!. :D :(

SFG75 said:
JonnyKu said:
I have the remote sensor in my pass right now, yes, it works by itself. The base station also gives you a reading by itself-I have it in my coolidor while the sensor is out seeing parts of the country that I never will!. :D :(
How's your experience so far with this? Is it accurate? And finally how big are those remote sensors? They look kind of big in the pictures. 2 inches wide? 3 inches wide? Let me know. I think I'm going to buy one also.

Now this is what I need. How many remote units can I use with the base?

I'm running 5 coolerdors right now. It would be great to have them all in base unit.

Big100HD said:
Now this is what I need. How many remote units can I use with the base?

I'm running 5 coolerdors right now. It would be great to have them all in base unit.
you can only use 3 sensors with the base and they are rather large and expensive. I wish they were smaller but they still work great!
Remote size is 4" x 2 3/4" x 3/4".

JonnyKu said:
How's your experience so far with this? Is it accurate? And finally how big are those remote sensors? They look kind of big in the pictures. 2 inches wide? 3 inches wide? Let me know. I think I'm going to buy one also.
jacknife is right about the dimensions. I calibrated the digital with an older "needle" hygrometer and found out that it's about 1 degree off in terms of humidity-though I checked it twice afterwards adn it was perfect- so take from it what you will. The first reading may have been accurate since the amount of water that I put in the salt for the testing was a bit too much. In regards to the base size, it can sit in the smallest tuppedor that I have with five cigars comfortably. Take your top trey in your humidor-clear the middle part and you'll find that it fits perfectly between the dividers. As a matter of fact, I have to check my coolidor again. :) You won't regret a decision to buy this baby JohnyKu.