• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Look what arrived at my door

My mailman will get out his car, walk all the way around his car, but wont go up two steps and walk another 8 feet to my door. He stands at the steps and tosses my packages from there. Ive caught him doing this more than once and reported him. All I do is waste my time.

WHAT? I've had problems w/ my carrier in the past, but this is ridiculous. If I were you, I'd get a package sent to me and make sure to tape this happening. Then report it and send it to the Post Master.

Ive been standing 20 feet away from him and watched him do this with 2 boxes of "important" cigars. I told him next time Im standing here to just give me the boxes.

My neighbor heard something crashing on his porch just this week. He went out to see what it was and opened a broken humidor that he purchased from the Holts special.

You wrote You found it at your door, right? So maybe plane's pilot didnt want to land in San Diego because it was the only one package and just droped it from the plane on your door step ???

x2

No packing filler? Air bubble thingies? Packing peanuts?

The shipping box was barely bigger than the contents itself. They threw in a couple piece of crumbled up paper to "protect" the content.

My mailman will get out his car, walk all the way around his car, but wont go up two steps and walk another 8 feet to my door. He stands at the steps and tosses my packages from there. Ive caught him doing this more than once and reported him. All I do is waste my time.

WHAT? I've had problems w/ my carrier in the past, but this is ridiculous. If I were you, I'd get a package sent to me and make sure to tape this happening. Then report it and send it to the Post Master.

Ive been standing 20 feet away from him and watched him do this with 2 boxes of "important" cigars. I told him next time Im standing here to just give me the boxes.

My neighbor heard something crashing on his porch just this week. He went out to see what it was and opened a broken humidor that he purchased from the Holts special.

WOW. I'd definitely get this on tape and report his lazy ass.

WOW. I'd definitely get this on tape and report his lazy ass.

Detective work is always fun. Set up a live front porch cam so we can watch.

Again, how was this packed from the retailer. I've gotten a few boxes from BOTLs that looked like they had been dropped out of a plane to my doorstep a la Michal's scenario and the cigar box (and cigars inside) were fine. Of course, it was packed properly. It still looks to me like that box was not packed very well.

That blows! I have not had trouble with any package that I have seen come through DHL. My stuff or at work.
A good vendor should take care of you, best of luck.

Wow....that really sucks!

Just fromt he pics and previous posts it sounds like a combination of errors on both the vendor and carrier. One or the other should resolve the issue.

wow bro. My lady in brown that delivers my prize cigars will always walk to my doorstep, knock and try to find me and hand deliver them to me if not. If i'm not around, she usually gives them to my neighbor for safe keeping, but then again, I go to church with her and her daughter is friends with my sister.

Sad pics bro, sorry to see it. I hope things work out.

Best you can do is file a claim with DHL and send the pics to the retailer showing them the damage.

Good luck, but it will take some time.

If it was a reputable dealer, they should replace the box, if there were only a few sticks damaged maybe just have those replaced. That said, DHL sucks IMO and is way worse than UPS. I've had nothing but problems with them and have had to go and pick up packages every time. The guys are lazy and have no common sense. It starts at the office and all the way down to the drivers. I live in a complex where you need a key fob to get into the building. USPS has one being that they are here every day as does Fed Ex. All other deliveries have to got to the main office and sign out a fob. Well every time I've had a package come via DHL, the delivery attempt gets listed as wrong address, where the address is correct or recipient not home, where I've been home 4 of the 5 times. I actually will not do business with companies that insist on delivering DHL. I can't say this for everywhere but in VA, this is the case. G1

I am a little surprised. The vendor, which is cbid, has generated a return for this order and shipping out a return label. They've also arranged for a replacement for me. I am not sure if it's sent out yet, but it's all done without me having to argue it! Not I am not so sad. :)

??? I just shed a tear for you my friend. Good luck with the vendor. If you get bad service make sure we all know who not to buy from. :thumbs:

Ouch on the pics bro. Hopefully CBid will take care of you.

I have yet to make any significant online purchases, and seeing pictures like this scares me. All of the packages I have received from people on this site have been packaged exceptionally well. Good thing the vendor is making good on it.

My experience with C-bid returns (all two of them) have been really good.

I had one issue with them and they made it right in a fairly painless way. Pre-paid packaging -- I just had to insert the contents and place it out for the mail carrier. You should be okay, except for the hassle of waiting for the replacement.

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

I vote you let the dog loose an 'em. I have a 100lb Malamute that LOVES mailmen for rent.

DSC01007.jpg

Fish