• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a Bourbon suggestion

GDeAngelo

I'm a fan of bourbon but I haven't had anything other then your typical Makers or Knobb. What are some others I should be looking at. I enjoy bourbon on the rocks sometimes a splash of coke.

-Gianni-

The thread below titled "the world's best bourbon" contains a plethora of suggestions. I am a fan of George Stagg and Baker's neat, maybe a cube or two of ice.

David

See the Buffalo Trace thread to start with.

See the Buffalo Trace thread to start with.

X2!

Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve & Bulleit Bourbon are my current favorites.

Edit to add: NO COKE in these! :laugh:

Woodford was second on my path toward better bourbons so I can't argue with that advice.

When I was a bourbon drinker, I found nothing that compared to Blanton's single barrel...either on the rocks or neat.

When I was a bourbon drinker, I found nothing that compared to Blanton's single barrel...either on the rocks or neat.
I recently got turned onto Blanton's and I have to agree....it's a stellar bourbon. I'm not ready to call it "the best" but it's a damn good one, to be sure.

Wild Turkey 101 is outstanding!
WT101 or "the bird" as it's called around here is a staple. A couple of fingers, neat, with a nice cigar out on the deck is how I wind down and end most days.

Cheers - B.B.S.

AVB is right.

The Buffalo Trace thread is a great one. I am a very greatly passionate bourbon drinker. Buffalo Trace is hands down making the best stuff.

Well, I've learned a few things from this thread. :laugh:

I should read more prior to posting
I should check out Buffalo Trace and Woodword Reserve
Not to take Anejomofo's recommendations, at least on Bourbon.

-Gianni-

That's funny. I've never had WT101. Is it that bad? Don't I recall seeing a review by AVB on the stuff? Off to check...

Edit to add:
Nope, no review on the WT101.

Another way to go about it is to just head to your local store and see what they have. Try different things and keep mental notes on what you liked or disliked. Or find a bar or nice restaurant that has a good bourbon selection and try different ones.

On my list of things to do but you can believe me when I say that "A word with the Bird" is good stuff.

That's funny. I've never had WT101. Is it that bad? Don't I recall seeing a review by AVB on the stuff? Off to check...

Edit to add:
Nope, no review on the WT101.

Ok. I'll give it a try. Good thing about it is it's easy to find. Just about every bar you might come across has it on the shelf.

Received a bottle of Four Roses from a kind & generous BOTL and I love it. :D :sign: :thumbs:

You really can not go wrong with any of the Van Winkle line(ORVW 10/107, PVWFR 12 LotB, PVWFR 15yr, 20 yr and the 23) but these can get $$ quick. Best bang for the buck is Elijah Craig 12 yr old about $20 bucks here in MI. If you're looking for something a bit sweeter I would go with any of the Weller line (Wheaters) the Special Reserve is very affordable for a 7yr old 90 proofer or if you like a kick the Weller Antique 107 has a bite but is very good. By all means if you can find a W.L. Weller Centennial 10 yr 100 proof grab it you will not be disappointed!

I would also second the Four Roses Single Barrel (100 proof), not a fan of the Small batch myself. The BT line up is all good stuff though some is a bit over priced in my area (AKA Hancock's Presidents reserve and the Rock Hill Farm :angry: )

Hope this helps!

Tony

Well, I've learned a few things from this thread. :laugh:

I should read more prior to posting
I should check out Buffalo Trace and Woodword Reserve
Not to take Anejomofo's recommendations, at least on Bourbon.

-Gianni-

Did you not like the WT101, or did you happen to be a part of the so-called "Salty Bourbon" debacle at CW?