• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a Colibri Lighter

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
Anybody know of a good place to purchase a Colibri lighter? Preferably a place with a good selection.

Thanks.

vewyphishy said:
Anybody know of a good place to purchase a Colibri lighter? Preferably a place with a good selection.

Thanks.
[snapback]218573[/snapback]​

I believe you would want't to find a more reliably lighter than Colibri. I purchased three within a year. Total junk. JMO.

Not to hijack, but ThePrince, and anyone else out there looking, what do you recommend? At the house, I use Davidoff matches. I do NOT want torch flame, I like a soft flame. I am a big fan of the Duponts, but dont want to spen 600 bucks. I like the classic style that hey have, though.
So, what other brand? Under 200?

The Prince said:
vewyphishy said:

Thanks.
[snapback]218573[/snapback]​

I believe you would want't to find a more reliably lighter than Colibri. I purchased three within a year. Total junk. JMO.
[snapback]218597[/snapback]​

I would have to disagree with you on that one. The better you take care of them *bleeding them before every refill* they will work great for a very long time. I've got a ten dollar one that goes from the boat to my pocket to the house and it's never stopped working. What kind are you looking for vewy?

I've had really good luck with my Colibri. In fact, it even survived our washer and dryer unscathed. Lit right back up.

As to your original question, I picked mine up at the local tobacco store so I could pick one out that had the right feel and look.

I have had my Colibri Triplex for a couple of years and it works like a champ. As KB said, I bleed it before I refill it, and have never had the first problem with it.

I would never recommend a Colibri. They have a long history of being crap. I would buy a Blazer any day over a Colibri.

every colibri i have had has **** the bed, and they are made here in RI, and i won;t ever buy another. nothing like a free book of wooden matches (i know, i am a cheap f***)

Corona Old Boy as an alternative to Colibri if you want a soft flame. And I second the Blazer; no nonsense with "bleeding" it, a fuel window, great single torch. (not very adjustable as to flame, though.)

smokelaw1 said:
Not to hijack, but ThePrince, and anyone else out there looking, what do you recommend? At the house, I use Davidoff matches. I do NOT want torch flame, I like a soft flame. I am a big fan of the Duponts, but dont want to spen 600 bucks. I like the classic style that hey have, though.
So, what other brand? Under 200?
[snapback]218644[/snapback]​

If you like the Duponts, go with an X-tend if you don't want to spend too much dough on a lighter, but still want a nice lighter.

And oh yeah! COLIBRIS SUCK!!! :sign:

JMO :p

Ive got 3 different Colibris...

All of them spend time at the bottom of my junkpile in my desk drawer. Spend your money elsewhere...ive had nothing but problems with mine and their warranty is a joke.

I think I should've better qualified this request. First and foremost, this lighter is not for me. I personally don't like Colibri's but my girlfriend is looking to buy one for her good friend as a gift.

vewyphishy said:
I think I should've better qualified this request. First and foremost, this lighter is not for me. I personally don't like Colibri's but my girlfriend is looking to buy one for her good friend as a gift.
[snapback]218971[/snapback]​

Friends don't let friends buy Colibris. :laugh:

grand cru no 2 said:
smokelaw1 said:
Not to hijack, but ThePrince, and anyone else out there looking, what do you recommend? At the house, I use Davidoff matches.  I do NOT want  torch flame, I like a soft flame.  I am a big fan of the Duponts, but dont want to spen 600 bucks.  I like the classic style that hey have, though. 
So, what other brand?  Under 200?
[snapback]218644[/snapback]​

If you like the Duponts, go with an X-tend if you don't want to spend too much dough on a lighter, but still want a nice lighter.

And oh yeah! COLIBRIS SUCK!!! :sign:

JMO :p
[snapback]218889[/snapback]​

I saw those, but I like a soft flame, and the style of the pricey ones. I jsut saw one go on ebay for 200 bucks....one bid. Ouch.

C-BID . . . I just got one for $17. You may have to wait and be patient. They generally go for $30 on up.

Style wise I think the prometheus Churchill lighters look the same, but i do not know how they are in terms of quality. I have been tempted in getting a Prometheus Churchill based on looks but, like I said i know nothing about them.

K

grand cru no 2 said:
Friends don't let friends buy Colibris. :laugh:
LOL. Agreed. Unfortunately, if you've dealt with women, you'll know the following to be true...

We were at the local shop yesterday. As I perused the inventory, the gf started looking around for shiny things that caught her attention. She saw a Colibri lighter in the display case. It was pink... It was heart-shaped... It was apparently the perfect gift for her friend. It was also the last one they had in stock. Would've purchased it right then and there except that it had been dropped and the paint on the casing had a small chip. Now she can't get it out of her head and its my job to help her find it.

So... any ideas?

Back