• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a good aromatic

bilder

Hey,

Been working my butt off and money is tight, so I have been hitting the pipe quite a bit the last few weeks.

Was wondering what you guys would suggest for an aromatic blend that has a nice room throw and better yet, smokes well. My wife said that if I can find one she likes, I can smoke my pipe in the house this winter. :cool: Seems that her gradfather smoked a pipe and if I can duplicate the smell, I will not have to stand in the cold this winter.

So what do you guys suggest?

Don't know if this will remind her of her grandfather, but Butternut Burley is a great smoking and smelling aromatic. It's available at Pipes and Cigars . Trout Stream from the same shop is also good.

Also, Magnum Blend, from J.M. Boswell's is a new one I got a sample of and it's terrific.

There are plenty of aromatics out there that wives will like. Whether you feel the same after you've scorched your mouth a couple of times is something else. :rolleyes:

Way to go Grandpa!

I smoke cigars in the house because wifey's Uncle Oscar smoked Dutch Masters around her as a little girl.

Autumn Evening by Cornell & Diehl is very good. It's not likely to be anything like what her grandfather smoked, but it's very good and has quite a pleasant room note.

If he smoked Captain Black or something, than a good vanilla aromatic could be good. I think Pipeworks and Wilke has a couple of good ones. No. 194 from there is supposed to be very good. Boswell's Best and Sweet and Mild (also from Boswell) are also supposed to be quite nice. You won't get bad tobacco from either of those places, but the flavor may or may not be to your liking.

Good luck!

Don't know if this will remind her of her grandfather, but Butternut Burley is a great smoking and smelling aromatic. It's available at Pipes and Cigars . Trout Stream from the same shop is also good.

Also, Magnum Blend, from J.M. Boswell's is a new one I got a sample of and it's terrific.

There are plenty of aromatics out there that wives will like. Whether you feel the same after you've scorched your mouth a couple of times is something else. :rolleyes:

I would highly recommend Egg Nogg from Pipes and Cigars. Autumn Evening is good too. Another one I like is Captain Cool by McClleland.

Thanks from me, too! I only smoke mine in the winter, pretty much, but I'm always looking for something new to try!

BTW, cool new CPass look!! :thumbs:

Probably my favorite tobacco and one that everyone I have ever smoked it around has loved it is Lane Limited's 1Q. A lot of places sell it under a "house blend" name but if you ask they should be able to tell you which one it is. It's readily availabe online too. I've actually had a lot of people engage me in conversation when they smell it saying it remind them of their father/grandfather/uncle who used to smoke a pipe. Still can't smoke in the house here tho....

Jim

my guess is grandpa probably smoked one of these:

Prince Albert
Carter Hall
Half and Half
Granger
Velvet
Sir Walter Raleigh

at least give the Prince a try, it has that classic "pipe" aroma.

Take her to a B&M and have her smell the jars. I haven't smoked a pipe since college when I had a churchwarden, but when I took my girlfriend to the store, she could always find a jar she loved.

Found a local blend that she really likes.

They call it Captain Cook. They say it is like a high quality Captain Black. It is a Lane bulk blend, not sure which one just yet.

Gold & Toasted Cavendish, Burley. Has a nice room note and actually has a nice flavor to it.

If your looking for a high quality aromatic that tastes good and smells good, these are my best 3.

Devil's Holiday, Black Cav, Gold Virginia, lots of berry and a hint of vanilla in the backround. It's very aromatic but not goopy, tastes like Strawberry shortcake. Room note, kind of like Rasberry with the hint of Vanilla. Good stuff.

WO Larsen Perfect Mixture 1864. Not as aromatic as the DH, Light hint of Orange with some chocolate in the backround. Great tobacco, great room note.

BlueNote, Bourbon Vanilla with a hint of Peach in the backround. Cao copied this aroma for it's Mootrance cigar. Nice tobacco very rich almost butterscotchy Vanilla, I don't believe that's a real word but that's how it smells. It's a little heavy on the Va. so it has a little pop. The room note is unbelievable, like I said earlier, it's a butterscotch vanilla with a hint of fruit.

Al

Devils Holiday sounds good. Can you actually taste those flavors too?

Probably my favorite tobacco and one that everyone I have ever smoked it around has loved it is Lane Limited's 1Q. A lot of places sell it under a "house blend" name but if you ask they should be able to tell you which one it is. It's readily availabe online too. I've actually had a lot of people engage me in conversation when they smell it saying it remind them of their father/grandfather/uncle who used to smoke a pipe. Still can't smoke in the house here tho....

Jim

I blend Lane's 1Q with Lane's BCA. Good smoke with a good room note. You buy it in bulk and the price is right too.

www.2guyssmokeshop.com

Optimus blend under the "2 guys blended tobaccos" section. My fav. for aromatics.

I actually like to mix this with Dunhill nightcap. The two together (about 2 parts Dunhill to 1 part Optimus) is a really nice mix that isn't too sweet. (edit - but the mix is still aromatic enough to get by indoors IMO).

I also like to dry it out a little.

Back