• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a Good cutter need Advice

wicked stick

WHAT THE HELL!!!
Ok First I have read the posts you guys have already posted on other threads.

I have a cheep v cutter and the cheap hole punch. Hav not tried the scissor style ones yet.
The big question is would It be worth upgrading to a 40 to 60 dollar cutter and is it worth it.. Help BOTL?? :D

i personally love my xikar which i got for 20 bucks offa the devil site. i've gone through about 80 cigars since i bought it and its still sharp enough to cut my finger off. I hear palio's are better, but i haven't made the jump yet.

I just bought a Palio. It should arrive next week. I did a little research and most recommend this cutter highly.

I've used a Xikar and now a Palio.

It is definitely worth the $36.00 for the Palio IMO. You'll be very satisfied with the consistency of each cut and durability of the item. It's the last cutter you'll need to buy.

See here to buy from a reputable dealer

I had a Xikar cutter maroon, Xi 2 I suppose. It lasted 4 weeks and fell from a counter and exploded. So my vote would not be for that model. I don't have the replacement back yet. Palio would be my vote for the best Xikar.

I have a xikar and I can't say anything negitive about it. I must admit I have not dropped mine yet.

I have a cheep v cutter and the cheap hole punch. Hav not tried the scissor style ones yet.
The big question is would It be worth upgrading to a 40 to 60 dollar cutter and is it worth it.. Help BOTL?? :D

I have used the same Palio for about 6+ years now and it's my 'go to' cutter.

You can't go wrong with any of these though, they have been time tested:

Palio (lifetime warranty)
Xikar (lifetime warrany)
Wenger Swiss Army Knife w/ Cigar Cutter (aka "SAK" - Lifetime warranty)

Hope this helps

~Mark

I'm a big fan of my Zino cutter, same quality blades as the Davidoffs without the precious metal handles. Mine's white with a gold Davidoff logo and personally I like the look of it a bit better than the high end ones. Also it should be noted that the grips are fiberglass, not cheap plastic. They run about $40.

Thank you guys My Mind is almost set Looks like the Palio has the lead.. in my head Thank you all :D BOTL

Xikar (lifetime warrany)

Hope this helps

~Mark

Buy a Palio from Mark!
You won't be disapointed!

-Rob

Ahhhh be a man just chomp the end off with your teeth... sheesh who needs a cutter

SAK! Cuts pretty damn good IMO, and has a bunch of other usefull tools, especially if drinking while smoking. Extremely stylish, and lifetime warranty. A bit heavy though to carry around. Another good cutter I have is the Craftsmans Bench double blade cheapy. The Palio does best in tests and reviews, but I would just get a Craftsmans Bench and wait for the woodgrain version to come out.

When I first started I used to bite my ends, but they occassionally unravelled and I believe the bite bunched up the tobacco and hindered the draw. I also used a razor-sharp Buck knife for larger 'gars, the score-and-remove-the-cap method. Upgraded to an actual cutter when I started in smaller RG 'gars.

"Worth it" I dunno. Where and when do you smoke? If you smoke alone, just get a Craftsmans bench or the cheap Palio. If you smoke with friends and wanna show off a little, or simply enjoy the best things in life, get a SAK or burlwood Palio.

I pertty much smoke on the golf course and in the front patio. Time to time at the cigar bar in town. Show off not me I enjoy a cigar but I am tired of using a cutter that works only a few times then spending a couple of bucks and getting another ten cigars and another. only a couple of people a golf with smoke cigars so If a cutter dies well a tee makes a good hole.. But looks like i am going to go to the devils bid shop... Thanks you guys

Xikar (lifetime warrany)

Hope this helps

~Mark
Mark hits the nail on the head. I believe that it's as much personal preference as anything; I have a Xikar that is still razor sharp after two years so it's one of those "...ain't broke, don't fix it..." kind of deals. For every guy like me that uses a Xikar daily, there's another guy that swears by his Palio. And so it goes. Long and short of it is that like any tool, the purchase of quality is something you'll never regret... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

I have both the Xikar and Palio. I dropped my Xikar a week after buying it and it fell apart. I called the Xikar folks told them that I had dropped it and they said send it to them and they would fix it or replace it at no charge. I sent it off and while it was gone I ordered a Palio from Mark. I used the Palio and got where I liked it a lot, got a new Xikar back (no charge) and used it and like it a lot also. Bottom line is, they are both great cutters and I keep one in the house and the other in the truck. You can't go wrong with either. Like B.B.S. said buy a quality cutter and you will be happy. But buy it from Mark at cigarmony, he is top notch!!!

I haven't tried the Xikar line yet, but made the plunge from the local B&M cheap $5 plastic crap to a Palio cutter from Mark --> Link
and I am throughly pleased with my purchase. Aside from the seamless and pleasant transaction, this thing is sharp, sharp sharp.

If you feel you must get a new cutter, any of the ones mentioned are fantastic and you will be very happy with their use. I use both the Xikar and Palio.

In light of your question...

... I'd have to offer my opinion that it is not worth it. I have come to the conclusion that we spend far more on accessories than is necessary. Any simple razor cut that scores the cap off will work perfectly (for Parejos).

It is just my opinion that we get too caught up in fancy lighters and fancy cutters. Good cigars and good cigar storage is what matters most. Yes, I am a hypocrite. I also have fancy lighters and fancy cutters. So, while I think it would be a great Christmas present to yourself, I am just saying that it is not necessary and if you do get one of the three, you don't need to purchase all three of them.

Go with Mark's "Cigarmony" if you make the purchase. When you never ever hear one negative thing about a company, that's where you wanna send your hard earned $$$ to.

Go with Mark's "Cigarmony" if you make the purchase. When you never ever hear one negative thing about a company, that's where you wanna send your hard earned $$$ to.

Thanks bro! Your kinds words mean a lot!

Mark