• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Cigar Bands

Thanks to those who have responded. There are some very cool looking cigar bands out there. I didn't realize how many different ones there actually are.

Yeah, I have pretty thick skin. I knew there would be some people who just can't resist being negative and inputting their opinions in on something that they could have just ignored and moved along. There will always be those folks!
I thought what better place to ask than in a Cigar Forum. Hey, if you don't want to help, no problem. No need to make attacks on folks that you know nothing about, come on grow up!
For those who wish and who have already volunteered to help out, Thanks a bunch!
Oh boy....with a post like that from a noob, I'm surprised this has lasted 5 pages. Jeff, him not being a cigar smoker, he doesn't understand the 'brotherhood' aspect of a cigar club or forum.

MM...here's the white elephant in the room as to why most of us are suspicious with your ask...excuse me if this was mentioned already. There are people in this world, looking for what you are requesting, who would put those cigar bands...from expensive brands...on cheap cigars and try to pass them off as originals. You being a non-smoker, you may not understand this...or if this is your intention, you may come back guns blazing. A few people have tried this over the years here. I have bags of bands, but I'd never give them to you because I don't know you. None of us here, do.

We've had quite a few established members ask for bands as you did because they were making a card or domino table, a lamp, a humidor, coasters, etc. They would glue them to the project and then cover them with layers of clear urethane...then they would post pictures of their creation. We flooded those members with bands because we knew them over a period of time. That's just not the case here.

Sorry Todd, I know you like the guy, but I had to speak my piece. The contest idea of his wares would be a great start.

Well, as far as the "brotherhood" thing goes, I believe I have some experience there with 15 years of service in the US Army. No better "brotherhood" than knowing someone actually has your backside! So, I understand your reluctance.

Now, the "cigar band" swapping issue really strikes a "wow, who would do such a thing" and then I realize the times we are in. I guess my respect and trust will have to be earned. No problem. Pugman1943 sent a nice bunch of bands to me, only asking for a single magnet in return. He sent a nice size box and I realized one magnet was not going to be enough of a thank you. I sent him 3 magnets, with one being the one he requested and the other 2 were very nice ones from my point of view (pics below of just 2, forgot to take pic of third - he might be able to upload pic). I believe the 3rd one was a Cohiba.

I'm just asking to give me chance to prove myself even though I'm a non-smoker. How many have checked out my creations at hotrodmagnets.etsy.com ? Do you think they are cool too? I've been doing my magnet thing for over 13 years now and have sold over 12,000 of the Hot Rod Magnets (they started out the same way). The recycled cigar band magnets are just starting to take off, the more I get them into the public's view.

If you don't want to help out, not a problem. If you do, I appreciate it!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 2