• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

looking for my internet Router number

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
You all know the secure passcode that you get when you secure your router for your laptop? I have a new laptop and cannot seem to find out how to get the passcode to allow me to connect to my router. Anyone know how? PM me with know-how!! Thank you all in advanced!

-Fetter

get a network cable and plug in directly. that way you'll connect WITHOUT using the wireless. Then you can get into the wireless settings on the router control panel and get the settings. otherwise you may have to reset the router, which will put things back to default, which would most likely no password needed.

Good Luck!

As most good IT guys would say, just restart and you should be fine. :sign:
I think Swissy nailed it with his post. If all else fails, call the company who made the router and they can walk you through it. Good luck John.

He's exactly right. Thats the only way to get past the wireless security. Unless your a Linux expert and know how to crack it.

Thank you all. I'm pissed most of all for not writing the number down when I secured the line.

-Fetter

I do not know if this will help but for most Linksys routers the default password was admin. If you have a Linksys and you did not change the default, this might help. Paul :thumbs: