• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Rum suggestions

Bsneed51

Habitual Threadjacker!
I've been thinking of adding a few new spirits to keep on hand. I've been in the mood for Rum lately, but I know very little about them. Does anyone have suggestions of a decent bottle of sipping rum? Something fairly readily available and not overly expensive?

Thanks

I've been thinking of adding a few new spirits to keep on hand. I've been in the mood for Rum lately, but I know very little about them. Does anyone have suggestions of a decent bottle of sipping rum? Something fairly readily available and not overly expensive?

Thanks
I like Matusalem Gran Reserva, Bacardi Solera is interesting and inexpensive, it has a pleasant banana after taste, Flor de Cano 7 is also a good fit for your request.

I like Matusalem Gran Reserva, Bacardi Solera is interesting and inexpensive, it has a pleasant banana after taste, Flor de Cano 7 is also a good fit for your request.
For a little more and maybe sometimes tougher to find Zaya or Zacapa I’d say got the bill for quality and value for the price.

Ron Zacapa Sistema Solera 23 is quite good, and around $36 around here. I've heard Flor de Cana is a good brand and I think their bottles tend to run cheaper.

Ron del Barrilito! Its almost a cognac. This is not a “add mixer” type rum......Light this! brought it to A Quad State Herf’s about 5 years ago and I’ve been buying it ever since. It’s a slipping type drink. Unbelievable!

For something differebt, A very light but nice drinking rum is Mount Gay. Great on the rocks, or with a splash of soda. Nice change up.

If you want rum and not a sugared liqueur, try Mt. Gay. Their black barrel rum is rather good and relatively inexpensive, Appleton 12 year, or any Foursquare/Doorly's rums.

Ron Zacapa 23 Solera is excellent and about $45 here. Dos Maderas 5 + 5 is my current favorite and about $40. In the lower price ranges, Vizcaya, Cayman Brothers, and Flor de Cana are all quite good. Ron de Matusalem, in the midrange, is pretty incredible.

~Boar

Pusser's. If it was good enough for the British Navy, it's good enough for you.

Doc
Got that right, Doc. Completely slipped my mind, but I know from personal experience it's really good rum. Seriously under rated.

95AD224F-8476-428C-8910-414062762765.png
Not much of a rum guy but I like this on the rocks or mixed. They have a real expensive model as well.