• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Rum suggestions

I love rum! Some already mentioned here, but my faves....

1. Ron Zacapa 23 YO and the Solera

2. Ron Matesulam Gran Reserva

3. Pussers

4. Havana Club HC 7. Never have tried any other Anejo rums from Cuba, but I bet Johnny O can hook you up for a fair price.

I don’t care for the Zaya. I find it too sweet!

I love rum! Some already mentioned here, but my faves....

Havana Club HC 7. Never have tried any other Anejo rums from Cuba, but I bet Johnny O can hook you up for a fair price.

HC7 is almost 'cordial-like'...a slight bit thicker in consistency than a regular rum...I like it after dinner with a heftier cigar.

I just visited the La Flor de Cana factory and it was pretty awesome! Try the 18 year!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Now to find a place that carries these. Most locasl places I've checked just have Bacardi.

HC7 is almost 'cordial-like'...a slight bit thicker in consistency than a regular rum...I like it after dinner with a heftier cigar.

I found the HC7 to have a subtle Tequila flavor to it. Never paid attention to the consistency, now I want to go pour a glass.....

I found the HC7 to have a subtle Tequila flavor to it. Never paid attention to the consistency, now I want to go pour a glass.....
I did after I read his post.... He doesn’t know what the f#%k he’s talking about.

Did you notice any Tequila-like notes?

Drinking some now.... I’m tasting turbinado cane sugar, molasses, oak, and vanilla. No Tequila whatsoever. Now Zaya is sweet and Cordial like, but in fairness to Gary, taste is subjective.
6333531C-9819-4A1F-AAFF-2B7A29F8962A.jpeg

In addition to all the recommendations above, a really good producer that is not to crazy expensive is Plantation. Their regular production is very good for drinks and sipping. Then you can explore their bottles from individual islands for a little more cost. They ferment and age them on the particular island/area to allow the terrior to come through and then they are aged longer in different casks at Maison Ferrand in Cognac France. These are really good sippers. Be careful though, you may want to get bottles from all the islands. :)

I like Matusalem Gran Reserva, Bacardi Solera is interesting and inexpensive, it has a pleasant banana after taste, Flor de Cano 7 is also a good fit for your request.
Flor de Cana is an excellent, relatively inexpensive rum. Great suggestion