• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Losing Cigars

Did you pay for the sticks with a credit card?
Some cc companies offer automatic insurance on purchases due to theft or loss.
My Amex does this and I used it to get the money back on a cigar cutter that was confiscated from me at a courthouse.

-Rob

Dude, that really sucks. What's your address? I'll send you a few to help make up for it.

Oh man, what a rough night. Sorry to hear about your losses.....You're luck enough to at least have held a Padron 1926 though :laugh:

Khari - that's just awesome bro. :thumbs:

Thats a sad sitch, my friend. Money out the window is true, and it sucks that you wont get to enjoy your purchase.

Also, what kinda roomie do you have that charges you for a lift? I get awful gas mileage and every trip in my jeep is a chore, but if I'm helping a friend, knowing that I'm doing them a solid is payment enough. They know that its costin me, but I never ask a cent, and I know they'll pay me back some how (drink or a burger or a favor) sooner or later. It just gripes me when friends charge gas money.

Thats a sad sitch, my friend. Money out the window is true, and it sucks that you wont get to enjoy your purchase.

Also, what kinda roomie do you have that charges you for a lift? I get awful gas mileage and every trip in my jeep is a chore, but if I'm helping a friend, knowing that I'm doing them a solid is payment enough. They know that its costin me, but I never ask a cent, and I know they'll pay me back some how (drink or a burger or a favor) sooner or later. It just gripes me when friends charge gas money.

I get charged gas money every time I go out with friends. Up front. They basically call you an asshole if you won't pay up the gas money when you 'hang out' with them. It's pretty universal, though -- Different friends, different groups of people, they all think you're rude and inconsiderate if you don't cough up money when they're driving. Granted I live in NJ and the gas prices might be different elsewhere, but I've even lost friends because they claimed I made them lose too much money on gas. You know. To places they were going to go without me anyhow. :sign:

Honestly I find them to be rude for expecting it. Different ways of being raised, I guess.

I get charged gas money every time I go out with friends. Up front. They basically call you an asshole if you won't pay up the gas money when you 'hang out' with them. It's pretty universal, though -- Different friends, different groups of people, they all think you're rude and inconsiderate if you don't cough up money when they're driving. Granted I live in NJ and the gas prices might be different elsewhere, but I've even lost friends because they claimed I made them lose too much money on gas. You know. To places they were going to go without me anyhow. :sign:

Honestly I find them to be rude for expecting it. Different ways of being raised, I guess.

You guys need to get some new friends. If I'm going somewhere and some people want to come along then fine. If a buddy needs a ride to someplace, also fine. If a friend needs a hand with something then I'm there. I don't ask for anything in return.

When I need help for something the hardest part is picking who to let help and who to say no to because more than one will step up to help. Now those are friends. They don't expect anything in return.

DG

Edit: I live in NJ.

Friends don't make friends pay gas money. Period.

On the rare occasion that you drive a buddy a considerable distance to, say, an airport or something -- then it's reasonable. But to Wal-Mart/cigar shop -- kiss my ass pal. I drive a Camaro. I get negative gas mileage. My best friend lives over 50 miles away. I'd be up there as soon as I could if he needed my help and I wouldn't ask for a dime.

Edit: And yes, I'm a college kid, too.

Edit2: I have two stories.

I've only ever lost 1 cigar of my own. Granted, it was an Opus X Perf X. Needless to say, I was about to cut off the cap and it was lying on an ashtray. A relative of mine accidentally spilled a beer on it. Ya, it was out of the cello. Ya, I was pissed.

My other story involves a bomb mishap. I was intending on bombing someone, who shall remain nameless, that was very kind to me on this forum. I was headed to the post office at about 8:45 AM, and was drinking a large 24-ounce coffee with one of those cheap lids that barely snaps on. I had the cigars in a 5 finger baggy lying in the passenger seat of my car. Long story short, I was smoking a 5 Vegas Shorty, it fell out of my mouth, into my lap, and the coffee flew into the passenger seat, the lid came off, and dumped all of the coffee in the passenger seat, and, unfortunately, into the open 5-finger baggy. Coffee flavored 858 SG and other Fuentes anyone? Major sigh on that one. We shared a laugh when I told him the story. Funny thing is, I still have these cigars and they are in fact dried out now. No mold either, surprisingly. 2 burst/came unraveled. 2 are still okay -- however, they smell like a Starbucks at lunch break, the devils asshole, and 3 kinds of body fluid (you choose).

First of all..... Khari, you are one class act man!

Second of all..... I live in New Jersey and I don't ever remember asking anyone for gas money and I've given hundreds of rides, out of my way. There are a few who've asked me for gas money.... but I haven't seen them in years. Not because of that but just because of the gradual realization that these people were not friends and we just drifted apart and lost contact. Kiss Me Deadly and dlofx.... my mother always told me you'd be lucky if you have three good friends your entire life. Everyone else whom you term friends are actually just acquaintances. Know the difference. A true friend would not even consider asking you for gas money.

I have yet to lose a cigar, luckily for me I'm friends with Dr. Marneaus and he has been letting me use his humi until I find one of my own. However there was one time that I made a pretty dissapointing mistake. Had a cuban Romeo and Julietta sitting on my bed in celo, a great looking cigar that had been gifted to me. I moved the bag over to the other side before laying back for a moment and as soon as I went to lay down it slid down under my elbow. It wasn't a complete loss, the wrapper was a bit torn and flaked out as I smoked. Considering I was smoking something other than a Camel it was a great night.

Something similar happend to me when I was in Miami on business.

Two of the guys at our branch office down there happen to be casual cigar smokers. One of them had a cigar that they got while in Little Havana at an event from one of the local rollers. On hearing that I am into smoking cigars, he brought it in and gave it to me. I was really appreciative of it and couldnt wait to get back to the hotel to light it up. Well it was a long day at work and I was tired, so after I get back from dinner I head up to the room. I realize that I dont have the cigar he gave me, well I could of sworn I had it in my hands. So I figure I just left it in the car, I go back down and look for it. Cant find it. Well I guess I dropped it while walking to the hotel and one of the security guards picked it up and kept it for them selves, cuz it was no where in the parking lot and no one turned it in to the front desk. I felt really bad that I lost a cigar that was gifted to me, and I told the guy what happend and that I felt bad about it. Well sure enough the next day he had another one for me, although it was a little beat up from being in his bag but I was very grateful and blown away that he brought in another one. So I decided not to smoke it, rather I want to keep it as memento from my trip down there and the friendships I made down there.

they smell like a Starbucks at lunch break, the devils asshole, and 3 kinds of body fluid (you choose).

Yeah, but until we see a review posted, no one knows how they smoked!! :D

I ruined a desktop humidor and 5-6 cigars because I left it on the roof as I was loading up the car. I actually drove another car and my wife drove the one with the humidor on top. She luckily went back to pick up what was left (not much), even though she had to think really hard whether it was worth it or not. :)

---John Holmes...

I actually nearly had something similar happen recently. When I was in Dallas on business a couple weeks ago, a sales rep with whom I'm pretty close brought me a few Esplendidos and DC Maximus. Thing was, he didn't really give me anything to carry them in and I didn't want to buy a travel humidor just to transport them back home. I had no place to put these sticks, so I decided I would just carry them in the Ziploc bag he gave me, refresh the humidifier, and hold the bag in my hands. I put them in the pocket on the door when I got in the rental car to go to the airport. I left them in the pocket on the door when I returned the rental car. I get onto the shuttle bus and realize my error. Quick time check tells me I have about an hour before departure, and I have to check my bag. I bolted from that bus like a madman, ran to the car, retrieved the cigars, then ran back to the shuttle area. I made it with about 5 minutes to spare.