• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lost a great friend a year ago

modo22

A year ago today we had to put down one of our best friends. He was 13 years old and had been battling kidney stones and who knows what else for the last 3 years of his life. But we gave him more than we could, not to mention money; about 6-7 grand in three years. But the money does not matter! You could count on him meeting you at the door when you got home, jumping up onto your lap, drooling all over you, and knowing when it was bed time and sleeping right in the middle of the bed! What was strange, was he really did tell us it was time, giving hugs good bye and being strong when we couldn't be. I am just amazed that your pets can do that! They truly give more to us than we can ever give them.

So today is a cheers to Gabbi (yes he was a male with that name :laugh: , don't ask) and I will be smoking a great one to toast him!

Please do the same in your own respects, smoke a good one for your pets loved, living, and lost.

Glad you have such great memories. Pets truly are part of the family.

We just put the guy in my avatar down this fall. It is a very sad thing to have to do. Cheers to Gabbi

My dog Bogie will be 15 this March. I don't know how much longer we have. He's completely deaf now, and he falls a lot going up and down the stairs.
He sits in front of the fire just about all day sleeping anymore, and I think his insides are rotting......Of course he breaks wind in front of the woodstove fan, emptying the whole living room each and every time while looking at everyone as if to say "WHAT?"

Kids still love him to death and I don't know how it's going to go down when it's his time. It was all I could do to not cry like a baby when I saw Marley & Me for the first time a month ago. All I could think of was my dog.

It was all I could do to not cry like a baby when I saw Marley & Me for the first time a month ago. All I could think of was my dog.

DUDE! My girl thought it would be a great idea to watch that about a month after...not a good idea.

I love your quote about clearing the room when breaking wind! That is so true!

We lost our gentle giant Annabelle right after July 4th this year. She was a great Dane whose personality and heart was as big as she was. It was like having another person in the house with absolutely no manners. I'm still amazed how much we still miss her.

-Montagieu

I had to put down my first "son" this past November. Chewee was 14 but had gone missing for 5 years before we found him a town away. Luckily the micro chip put in since birth was still working. He slipped through the fence in '95 as he's deathly afraid of fireworks noise and the dummies here start setting off bombs and aerials from Thanksgivings day.

I used to take him to work when I'd make my deliveries and he'd ride on the carts on top of the boxes, all the office ladies used to love to take care of him while I dropped off my orders.

I have his ashes with us next to our family photos and he's thought of every day I pass by him. I'll meet him again on Rainbow Bridge
smile.gif

I miss my Sammie more then anything in the world. She was my best friend. Sorry for your loss.