• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lost my Colibri yesterday.

Mr Gone

Damn, I was so pissed that I lost my Colibri yesterday. I had it in my jacket pocket. My jacket fell on the floor and it must of fallen out of the pocket because my Xikar cutter was on the floor and my wife picked it up. My lighter must have tumbled under the table. Anyway, it was a Cyclone twin flame. I loved that lighter. It lit big stogies in a couple of seconds. Only problem is sometimes heat reflects off of the angled lid of the lighter making my fingers pretty hot really fast at times. Other than that it was a great lighter one of my favorites. After swearing my head off in the car when I noticed that the lighter was gone and we were to far away from the resturant I made a detour to the local cigar shop and they did not have the cyclone so I decided to try the Colibri Vortex 2. Man, it is silky smooth and I love the open and closing door activated by the lighter button. My AF DBL Chateau was lit in a heartbeat. Man, At the highest setting that fire blows out quite far. I am very pleased with this lighter. It is a bit more bulky than the cyclone but it is easier to handle and fire up.

That's the main reason I don't spend big $$ on lighters because I figure the minute I buy a nice lighter, I'd lose it. Instead, I have a bunch of Zippos.

Ya think I've ever lost one of those :D

NOPE...

I am worse with cell phones. I have lost 7 in 4 years. Thank god for insurance.

Just picked up the new Colibri 3003 lighter. Pretty slick... :)

Until the battery dies. LOL

I've had this cell phone for 4 months, and every month they have to give me a new one. I break them. The top turns, and they always come loose, and since the warrenty keeps re-newing everytime I return it, I keep getting brand new ones. LOL, I begged verizon to just give me a dumb crappy phone, but oh well. I keep a zippo, so no need to worry about losing it. If I lost new opus x cutter the love of my life got me for christmas though, I think I'd be dead.

Mr. Gone your better off that you lost it.
Don't want to sound mean or anything but i have a Vortex 2 the shiny blue one and this will be the second time i'm sending it back for repairs and i try and baby the damn thing too.
Get yourself the Blazer and be happy. :)

When I went shopping after my mishap it was actually the Colibri Vortex 2 or the blazer (the heavy duty one with the rubber inserts) that were my top picks. I guess I went with the Vortex due to the good looks. Maybe I should of done a search on reviews first but it killed me to loose the Cyclone and I needed a lighter fast. I even paid retail. OUCH!!

Mr Gone said:
I am worse with cell phones. I have lost 7 in 4 years. Thank god for insurance.
[snapback]153692[/snapback]​
You might want to change your handle. It could be a self-fulfilling prophecy. :p

Sorry for your loss.

As a front-porch smoker, nothing beat a good torch lighter to help beat the wind. My Colibri is a life-saver that way and has a punch to boot. It would be a pisser to lose, though. Cost too damn much.

Amen to the torch lighter for us porch smokers. When that wind kicks up, it's hard as hell to light a cigar. A regular flame just wouldn't do it

Sorry to hear about the loss of your lighter. I love a good torch lighter myself.
But when all else fails a good stick match always comes in handy!

Best thing that could happen to a colibri, never had any luck with mine, I always carried a 2nd cheapie just in case the colibri wouldn't light.