• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lost Package

Aussie Shaun

Just call me Grumps.
I did a search on this topic and found no answers so I am going to ask my BOTL for advice.
On 12/3/10 I placed an order and USPS seems to have lost my sticks at the post office ( WTF ) . I have been in touch with the retailer who gave me a tracking number which I used to find out the bad news.
Now the Questions.
#1 . If USPS has lost my package then how long should I wait before I start bitchin to someone ?
#2 . Is the retailer obliged to send out more sticks or do I have to suck it up and kiss goodbye to my cash ?
Being way down here in Aus makes it hard to do any ass kickin , just lucky I'm not sitting on my last cigar ( another order is on it's way ) so I will get through it.
Thank's in advance for all replies :thumbs:

Contact the seller. Some sellers guarantee delivery.

The USPS strives for an 80% success rate. You loose.

Doc.

In my experience the retailer has always made good on it for me by offering to reship or refund. I depends who you ordered from but most I have seen will stand behind it.Good luck!

The retailer should see that the package never was delivered and do whats right!! But on the other hand if it was insured got on the usps asap and file a claim!!

I don't know about the USPS, but some couriers or postal services consider alcohol, tobacco, jewelery, cash and similar package contents "prohibited" or "restricted" items and they will not be insured. It's probably best to look into the fine print of the package carrier's claims process to see if it's worth your time to pursue that. Good luck though.

Contact the retailer first to let him know that the shipment never arrived, then see how they handle it. Just so you know, Priority International Packages can not be tracked once they leave the US as the Australian postal scanning system does not interface with ours. International Priority shipments usually only take 5-7 business days though.

Should the retailer give you any problems take it to the next level and file a claim with your CC provider, or with PayPal (whichever you used). Never taking delivery of the product claims will go in the buyers favor every time unless they can absolutely prove delivery.

Does not matter if International or not. If the retailer accepts these orders, then they have to guarantee delivery.

I had this happen to me. The seller said it was my fault because the post office redirected it to some other address. They said this would only occur if I had a change of address on file with the post office, which I did not. To make a long story short, I had paid with PayPal so I made a claim with them and after a week or two, PayPal returned my payment from the seller. I explained to them that the seller got paid as did the post office. I was the only one out anything. I will never order from that seller again.Good luck.

Contact the retailer first to let him know that the shipment never arrived, then see how they handle it. Just so you know, Priority International Packages can not be tracked once they leave the US as the Australian postal scanning system does not interface with ours. International Priority shipments usually only take 5-7 business days though.

Should the retailer give you any problems take it to the next level and file a claim with your CC provider, or with PayPal (whichever you used). Never taking delivery of the product claims will go in the buyers favor every time unless they can absolutely prove delivery.

Does not matter if International or not. If the retailer accepts these orders, then they have to guarantee delivery.

Actually,international priority mail can be tracked quit fine after the parcel leaves the US,either in USPS site or in the destination country PO site.
I had several packages that were sent to me via priority from US and I could track them from the moment they were shipped until I received them.

Actually,international priority mail can be tracked quit fine after the parcel leaves the US,either in USPS site or in the destination country PO site.
I had several packages that were sent to me via priority from US and I could track them from the moment they were shipped until I received them.

I would like to see proof of that?

I ship about a 100 a month via this method and have always seen it stop once it leaves the US. I've always been told it's impossible by USPS themselves unless sent Registered Priority International Mail, and cost quite a bit more while taking longer to reach the consumer.

You're not possibly confusing this with UPS are you?

I recently sent a package via International Priortiy, and it was tracked all the way until the point of delivery. I'll PM you the number so you can see what it says.

I would like to see proof of that?

I ship about a 100 a month via this method and have always seen it stop once it leaves the US. I've always been told it's impossible by USPS themselves unless sent Registered Priority International Mail, and cost quite a bit more while taking longer to reach the consumer.

You're not possibly confusing this with UPS are you?

Yeah , USPS does stop showing updates once the package leaves the US. I don't know about other countries but when a package is coming up here shipped regular from USPS once it reaches customs here and is scanned in I can then also follow it's movement here in Canada through our postal system even though USPS track package just says package is on its way to destination country.

Thanks guy's ,I have the tracking Num. and am keeping an eye on their website . I will give it 2 weeks before I start jumping up and down . :thumbs:

Woo Hoo , all is good in the world because my cigars where delivered today. Cant wait to try a Ghurka Colorado Double Magnum. :love:

And to think , all that bitchin for nothing . :laugh: